Maho for airplanes and Orient

Delta Flyer

I want to go to both beaches, but I want to be a Maho between 12n and 2pm for the airplanes.

How much are the taxis between the two beaches?

Will traffic be bad going back to the port from Orient?

Or should I go to Orient first and then Maho?

Thanks for you help!

When will you be arriving and departing from St. Maarten (month, day & time)? Preliminarily, I would go to Orient first then to Maho. Mid-day traffic to Orient then to Philipsburg could be difficult for a reasonable day.

In February the heavy big jet flight activity is later in the day. Therefore, you will want to be at Maho from about 1-3pm (or later). If you leave Maho at 3:30-4:00p you should have no problem getting to the ship by 5:30p for sailing.

Definitely go to Orient in the morning.

Kal

Thanks so much for your help. That sounds like a plan. We are renting a jeep. I heard there are some great places that you need jeep. Is that true? or can you get away with a taxi.

If we rent a jeep, do you suggest any places on the island that is a must see?

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!

IMHO, a Jeep doesn't make much sense in St. Maarten. The island is only 36 sq miles and there really are no back roads. However, if you like the sun in your face that might make a difference. When you're on the road it will be asphalt, stop and go. Otherwise the vehicle is parked and you're out enjoying things. That big breath of "fresh air" will likely be from the tour bus exhaust in front of you on the road.

For things to see, go here for my suggested tour route. Make sure you check out the images of things to see.

• 1 month later...

Looking at some of the pictures posted around, it appears that it's the landings we get to see from the beach, so we should be looking at the Landings schedule ... ?

Or is it all the same?

-Steven

Looking at some of the pictures posted around, it appears that it's the landings we get to see from the beach, so we should be looking at the Landings schedule ... ?

Or is it all the same?

-Steven

The landings shoot over the beach at Maho. The takeoffs start by the fence alongside the access road and zoom down to the other end of the runway. The only fun with the takeoffs is watching the drunk fools hanging on to the fence with all their strength as the backwash blows them down the incline into the water. :D

Archived