first time cruiser; single mama on the go

fabat40

Hi,

I am a single mother of a very busy 3 1/2 yr old boy; need a break... a REAL vacation!!!!! I just turned 40 & planned to do something different & thrilling for the BIG 40, but he got sick.

I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but can never seem to find a roommate, nor can I afford to pay the outrageous solo cruiser rates!!!:mad:

I am determined to go somewhere, and would appreciate any and all assistance you alll have to offer. I am open to any destination that I can travel to for 4 or 5 days, preferrably in August. SAFETY is the main concern!!! Not much of a talker, but love to mingle and just have fun amongst others.

Sometimes I will be traveling with my soon-to-be 4 yr old preschooler, and am open to any suggestions about trips that I can take him on, as well.

Sincerely,

Fabulous at Forty (fabat40)

FABAT40,

Try Carnival, they have the cheapest single supplement out there. You will have to look at different ships as the supplement changes. The more in demand the ship, the higher the supplement.

I sailed on the Fantasy Jan 18th out of New Orleans for $240 total for a 4-day cruise. I booked a 1A and got upgraded to a 5A. Your cheapest time to sail is starting in Sept. Also look at the Holiday out of Mobile, AL.

Dave

Fab at 40,

I have a 5 year daughter and have went on several cruises with just my daughter. I don't party so we go to have fun together. I do let her go to Camp Carnival so that she can play with the other kids while I lay out by the pool or do other things. I usually leave it up to her about what she wants us to do and usually she wants to go play with the kids in Kids Camp. I say, load you and your son up and go on a cruise. Camp Carnival is free !!!

Hi,

I am a single mother of a very busy 3 1/2 yr old boy; need a break... a REAL vacation!!!!! I just turned 40 & planned to do something different & thrilling for the BIG 40, but he got sick.

I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but can never seem to find a roommate, nor can I afford to pay the outrageous solo cruiser rates!!!:mad:

I am determined to go somewhere, and would appreciate any and all assistance you alll have to offer. I am open to any destination that I can travel to for 4 or 5 days, preferrably in August. SAFETY is the main concern!!! Not much of a talker, but love to mingle and just have fun amongst others.

Sometimes I will be traveling with my soon-to-be 4 yr old preschooler, and am open to any suggestions about trips that I can take him on, as well.

Sincerely,

Lol........see my posts.......enjoy life........cruise.........and never let them see ya sweat!

• 1 month later...

Fa40:

Here's some things that worked with my guy at that age.

The Aquarium at Key West

Coral World, San Thomas

Turtle Farm, Grand Cayman

Butterfly Farm, Saint Maarten

Be sure to bring aboard a bucket and shovel for sand castle building and some baggies to collect sand and shell bits for the old beach in a bottle when home.

HAL's Half Moom Cay is great with the Kiddo park, glass bottom boat...

Hi,

Sincerely,

Archived