Nachi Cocom beach activites?

luckydogone

I'm going to be in Cozumel next week and I've already booked Nachi Cocom through Island Marketing. I'm looking forward to going there, I also know that while they do not offer beach / water toys such as jet skies, parasailing and such that they can and will provide those for you though another beach. My question is has anyone recently done this and if so about how much was it to do jet skies, banana boat or parasiling? Any info and prices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Jim

hi there

i did nachi cocom 4/2005 and it was fantastic. the beach, beach hut, chairs, fresh water pool, swim up bar, food, hot tub and massage i had in a beach hut were fantastic. we're going to cozumel in april and i plan on booking it through island marketing as well. hope that helps some. enjoy!:D

We booked a snorkeling trip while we were there. They started the price at $35/pp (there were 6 of us). By afternoon, he let all of us go for just over $100. He said he could arrange taking us to do other activities but we ran out of time. I don't remember any of the costs he quoted.

I'm going to be in Cozumel next week and I've already booked Nachi Cocom through Island Marketing. I'm looking forward to going there, I also know that while they do not offer beach / water toys such as jet skies, parasailing and such that they can and will provide those for you though another beach. My question is has anyone recently done this and if so about how much was it to do jet skies, banana boat or parasiling? Any info and prices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Jim

We did Nachi Cocom when were in Cozumel summer of '05 and we had a blast! We had our dd's- ages 17 and 13 with us and they did the Banana Boat ride - that was the funniest thing we have ever seen!:D Their dad and I just stood on the beach and laughed so hard. The guy took them out and dumped them into the water then made a circle and went back to pick them all up, sounds scary but they loved it and had a blast. They were so tired at the end from laughing so hard and bouncing all around!

As far as the rest of Nachi Cocom, it was very nice, very clean, beautiful water. The food was great and the drinks were yummy and plentiful. There is a nice, large swimming pool with a swim-up bar.

Have fun!:)

The banana boat sounds like fun but I didn't see one anywhere. Don't know if they just bring it out certain times or what but there were no water sports like that going on while we were there.

We went to Nachi Cocom on February 28th. It wasn't quite what we were expecting based on the pictures on cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. The water was not blue - it was rather dirty looking in the swimming area but was a beautiful blue further out. When we first walked in (around 10 am) we were one of the first ones there and were even debating whether we should stay or not. We ended up staying and spent about 4 hours there. The pool was decent but didn't use the hot tub so can't comment on that. There were maybe 50 people there. Looked like a lot more people at Playa Mia since they are more geared for families with the rock climbing and trampoline in the water. The waiters were very attentive and came by often to see if we needed food or drinks. The food was very good and we just had beers so can't comment on the mixed drinks but several were drinking those. We bought the all inclusive for $49 but we visited with a gal that was staying at one of the hotels nearby. She had visited Nachi Cocom 2 days in a row and didn't not pay the $49. She said she was paying for her food and drinks separately. Not sure if they charged her to use the facilities or not. She mainly wanted some R&R and found this to be the ideal place for it. It was a fine way to spend the day but I don't think we would go back there if in Cozumel again.

The water wasn't blue when you went there? I'm shocked! The water was almost as blue as Grand Cayman when we were there.

There is a hotel near Nachi Cocom (I can't remember the name) where guests have priviledges at both the hotel and Nachi. She was probably from the hotel.

I was on the Royal Caribbean Mariner that stopped in Cozumel last Friday March 2nd. My husband and his cousin got off the ship ahead of everyone else to scope out Nachi Cocum and make sure they had the room to accomodate 10 of us since we did not pre-reserve. When they arrived the water was brown. The people there tried to explain that the water was like that all over Cozumel that day due to wind conditions but the taxi driver (who was tipped very well) lingered and told my husband and his cousin that they should come back with him in the taxi and he would take them somewhere else. We wound up at Playa Uvas and had a great day. $7 for access and pay as you go, or $59 that included a select lunch, tap beer and water, etc, and snorkeling and kayaking. We enjoyed it very much, but the beach chairs were a bit hard and uncomfortable. Also, was important to have water shoes as it is very rocky. I would go there again as we enjoyed our stay. Hope this helps.

We were there three weeks ago. We paid the $49 and got our money's worth.

I snorkeled with a vendor that was walking around the resort. It cost $35 for 1.5 hours. His name was Leonardo. Don't expect timely service. His "we leave is 5 minutes" is more like 1 hour.

The food is great and the massages looked good. In fact, we couldn't get one because the two girls were constantly busy.

We saw folks just walk up and pay $5 admission and $5 for chairs.

Here is a photo of the "dirty" water:

HPIM0672.jpg

We were there three weeks ago. We paid the $49 and got our money's worth.

I snorkeled with a vendor that was walking around the resort. It cost $35 for 1.5 hours. His name was Leonardo. Don't expect timely service. His "we leave is 5 minutes" is more like 1 hour.

The food is great and the massages looked good. In fact, we couldn't get one because the two girls were constantly busy.

We saw folks just walk up and pay $5 admission and $5 for chairs.

Here is a photo of the "dirty" water:

HPIM0672.jpg

That is my kind of "dirty" water!! :)

To the OP...I was wondering if you were able to find specifically your answer yet about any of the water toys??? I also have pre-booked Nachi Cocom (will be there April 5th) for just DH and myself. We are looking for a bit of an escape away from the spring break crowds/kids and thought the 100 person max would be a good choice. But, like you, was wondering about price or where we can rent a jet ski if we choose to do so since Nachi doesn't offer it directly???

Has anyone else done this or can give me some info?? Thanks!!!:D

To the OP...I was wondering if you were able to find specifically your answer yet about any of the water toys??? I also have pre-booked Nachi Cocom (will be there April 5th) for just DH and myself. We are looking for a bit of an escape away from the spring break crowds/kids and thought the 100 person max would be a good choice. But, like you, was wondering about price or where we can rent a jet ski if we choose to do so since Nachi doesn't offer it directly???

Has anyone else done this or can give me some info?? Thanks!!!:D

They don't offer any water sports right from the resort. Leo "the snorkel guy" said he could bring us to a beach resort where they have different activities like parasailing. We weren't interested in doing any of those things so we just went snorkeling with him. If those are the types of things you might want to do, I would probably suggest trying another beach. It seems like it would be a lot more money to pay for Nachi, then pay Leo, then pay for the water activities. Also, we could see the parasails in the air but they were quite aways off in the distance. It wasn't at a close beach resort. Hope that helps a little. :)

Thank you RIGirl for the info...We, like you aren't really interested in all that either and really just wanted the relaxing atmosphere...but was just curious if there was somewhere there that u know of that we could rent a jet ski or two to try out for an hour or so? Also...does Nachi also have massages on the beach like I see others have?:)

Also...does Nachi also have massages on the beach like I see others have?:)

They have two massage girls that keep very busy. The hut is on the beach with a great view of the water. Most folks we saw getting massages went for the 1 hour massage ($70). Get in line early if you want one.

newcruisercouple,

No in fact I haven't recived a good answer to my original question but I have gotten some nice feed back from those who have replied. I've read enough reviews about Nachi Cocom and have seen that Mannuel (sp) is the guy to talk to once you get there. That he can set you up with a snorkeling trip, jet ski, and stuff like that. I've already been to Playa Mia and done that. I'm looking forward to a nice adult beach without the crowds but if I chose to want to do some type of water sport, of which Nachi Cocom can and will provide I just wanted to get an idea of how much it might cost so I'd have enough money. I'm leaving for Fla. first thing Friday morning and I'll be in Cozuel Monday, when I get back I'll be glad to post what price I can find for water activities. The color of the water I know will almost always depend on the ocean currents at that time, clear blue one day, murky the next... I live at the beach and I know that's going to happen.

newcruisercouple,

No in fact I haven't recived a good answer to my original question but I have gotten some nice feed back from those who have replied. I've read enough reviews about Nachi Cocom and have seen that Mannuel (sp) is the guy to talk to once you get there. That he can set you up with a snorkeling trip, jet ski, and stuff like that. I've already been to Playa Mia and done that. I'm looking forward to a nice adult beach without the crowds but if I chose to want to do some type of water sport, of which Nachi Cocom can and will provide I just wanted to get an idea of how much it might cost so I'd have enough money. I'm leaving for Fla. first thing Friday morning and I'll be in Cozuel Monday, when I get back I'll be glad to post what price I can find for water activities. The color of the water I know will almost always depend on the ocean currents at that time, clear blue one day, murky the next... I live at the beach and I know that's going to happen.

It's hard to answer your original question because I'm sure most people haven't done outside things. If I had to guess, I'd say they rarely have people wanting to go to another beach resort to do activities when they've already paid for a beach resort that specifically caters to a crowd that doesn't want those activites around. To go parasailing, use waverunners, etc they are only going to bring you to another beach club.

Manuel is a waiter at Nachi. Leo is the snorkel guy.

Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to hear about it! :)

I just went back and reread your original post again. Just to clarify: Nachi doesn't provide you with other activities from other beach resorts. Leo can take you to another beach resort (Leo doesn't work for Nachi, he works for the snorkel company) where you can pay for extra activities. Nachi has nothing to do with that. They provide the resort with the pool, hot tub, all drinks and food. Anything you do off the resort is on your own. Hope that makes sense!

About the "dirty" water....there are "nortes" that can blow in during the night and "stir everything up"...depending on how much stirring took place, it can take awhile for it to all settle back down to that beautiful blue we all love.

I have been going to Cozumel for years and have only had the "dirty water" once. but it can happen....

The water wasn't blue when you went there? I'm shocked! The water was almost as blue as Grand Cayman when we were there.

There is a hotel near Nachi Cocom (I can't remember the name) where guests have priviledges at both the hotel and Nachi. She was probably from the hotel.

Sorry- meant for dirty water poster...

My family was at a beach north of Nachi Cocum on Sunday March 4th and the water was brown then too - We did have a norte blow in on Monday the 5th and when we get weather like that, at times the beautiful crystal clear waters turn a bit muggy. Doesn't happen very often so it's too bad you were here when it did. Hopefully you will have a chance to come back to experience the ocean when it's crystal clear!!

Archived