PHOTOS - Grand Cayman Highlights and Turtle Farm

the_woodman

how do you get to the Rum Factory from the port? Is it walking distance? Can you sample the rum or cake before buying? We will be there for a day and would love to pick up some, but would like to try first if possible.

TIA

how do you get to the Rum Factory from the port? Is it walking distance? Can you sample the rum or cake before buying? We will be there for a day and would love to pick up some, but would like to try first if possible.

TIA

There is a Tortuga Rum Cake Shop to the right of the tender area (in the port). It's a little building that faces the water. I can't remember if it's across from the Hard Rock or the next block over. They have samples of rum cakes and rum for tasting.

I don't know where the actual rum factory is located on the island. But I thought I'd mention this since it's just a short walk from the tender area.

• 2 months later...

When we went on the SENSATION year before last, rum cake was sold in the shop onboard the ship. We didn't have to carry it!

DD, DGD, and DGS LOVE that cake! DH and I didn't think a whole lot of it. It was the most moist cake I ever ate, but I'd only give it a C at best.

Archived