scrapbook

B&BREIK

When we were on the Glory back in Feb. there were a couple of small scrapbooks and supplies that they sold at the photo gallery. They were 8-1/2 x 11, 3 ring binders with some embellishments. They ran about $17.00. I think there is a thread on the Memorabelia Forum about this with pictures. But then, about the third day at sea, the photo gallery came out with a scrapbook kit that comes in a big box. It costs $25. The scrapbook is 12 x 12 and has a place in the middle of the cover for a picture with "Carnival" underneath. Really nice. It also comes with some scrapbook pages and embellishments. I bought it and have scrapbooked our Glory cruise and it really turned out nicely. Just be aware that there are more than one scrapbook items for sale on the ship. There were no scrapbooking classes offered. TG23

Scrapbooking classes.....this is a potential revenue-generating activity for those days at sea. What is Carnival waiting for???

Is scrapbooking that hard and complicated that it requires a class to learn how to do?

I could see organized scrapbooking events, but honestly, what is there to teach about scrapbooking that someone would pay to learn?

Is scrapbooking that hard and complicated that it requires a class to learn how to do?

I could see organized scrapbooking events, but honestly, what is there to teach about scrapbooking that someone would pay to learn?

The company dedicated to Scrapbooking is called Creative Memories, its a MLM company that has every tools and/or supplies possible to get your scrapbooking done, even holds local to national events. Its a very expensive hobby.

Fred

I think in reality one mostly pays for the supplies that the classes provide.

But, scrapbooking nowdays is not exactly like scrapbooking of my youth. An "instructor" would probably be more like an advisor, helping you discover the many different tools/supplies available to help you create your "vision." Scrapbooks are -- or at least can be -- extremely elaborate....Mini works of art, really. Quite interesting. But can be overwhelming to someone new or unfamiliar with it in it's form today.

I wonder why they have art classes at colleges?

I'm sure if one is creative there's no need to "learn" anything. rolleyes.gif

It's like anything else. You CAN do it on your own, but just maybe you can learn a little something or get inspiration here or there, from others' creativity, too.

I guess I thought the whole scrapbook process was to make and maintain personal memories.......not have someone else tell or show me how to be creative. I don't get the need for a class.........imagination is all I would think you need.

Yea, you probably wouldn't get it ! :eek:

But, scrapbooking nowdays is not exactly like scrapbooking of my youth. An "instructor" would probably be more like an advisor, helping you discover the many different tools/supplies available to help you create your "vision." Scrapbooks are -- or at least can be -- extremely elaborate....Mini works of art, really. Quite interesting. But can be overwhelming to someone new or unfamiliar with it in it's form today.

You are exactly right.

My wife has a 12 X 18 foot room full of scrapbooking supplies & devices (punches, cutters, Wishblade, Cricut, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if she has $5,000. worth of paper, die cuts, etc in her cabinets.

She has been doing this for years, actually manages the scrapbook dept at a Hobby Lobby and yes, she learns about new ideas & techniques every week.

In answer to your question, she is absolutely creative, but she incorporates these new ideas & techniques into her pages every week.

Well thanks to all of you that answered my questions and no thanks to the ones that dont understand that yes sometimes one does go to the classes just to pick up tips to learn how to use new tools ,get more ideas and in general just learn a art.however I am sure there are some of us that think we know everything, so classes then would not be for you ! With that being said once again thanks for all your input!

Well thanks to all of you that answered my questions and no thanks to the ones that dont understand that yes sometimes one does go to the classes just to pick up tips to learn how to use new tools ,get more ideas and in general just learn a art.however I am sure there are some of us that think we know everything, so classes then would not be for you ! With that being said once again thanks for all your input!:)

Well thanks to all of you that answered my questions and no thanks to the ones that dont understand

I wasn't trying to be rude. Having never done scrapbooking, I honestly didn't know what there was to learn by paying for a class. Excuse me for not understanding. :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to be rude. Having never done scrapbooking, I honestly didn't know what there was to learn by paying for a class. Excuse me for not understanding. :rolleyes:

Mer, don't worry... I was thinking the same thing, I hear about "scrapbooking" all the time, but I don't understand it... I guess I'm thinking back to scrapbooks we made in grammar school... I guess people cruise for all different reasons, I just am clueless about this whole scrapbooking thing... Do you keep adding to the same scrapbook, or do you have like hundreds of them laying around? Like I said, I'm curious... My main curiousity is, are people sitting in their cabins on cruises cutting out stuff and making scrapbooks? I keep hearing about scrapbooking on cruises... just curious.

Yes I also have the Circut and I love it. I too would sign up for the class or what ever there was to offer.It is a very interesting and creative hobby but can also get to be quite expensive if you let it. But where ever we go I like to pick up any available scrapbooking paper, stickers and the sort to add to my stuff. One can never have enough,LOL:)

I scrapbook and it is MUCH more than gluing pictures to a page. I have taken many classes and have learned to make pages which are mini pieces of art. I am asked constantly to make books for others as gifts, I am paid to make pages and have taught many people the art of scrapbooking.

Minimizing the talent of scrapbooking is like minizing a chefs ability to create a dish. Putting the same ingredients into a pot will definitely give you very different results depending who makes it.

Yes I also have the Circut and I love it. I too would sign up for the class or what ever there was to offer.It is a very interesting and creative hobby but can also get to be quite expensive if you let it. But where ever we go I like to pick up any available scrapbooking paper, stickers and the sort to add to my stuff. One can never have enough,LOL:)And no people dont cruise for just scrapbooking thats just crazy talk at least I dont. but if a cruise line offers say for example a exercise class and people take the class should I then surmise that people cruise just to exercise?As for how many books you have its up to you. I do have several, One for each my sons from the time they were born till present and they will belong to them at some point and then holiday memories and vacation memories. Only you can decide how many books to have. But they are worth every cent that goes into them and serve as memories for years to come!

Archived