Back 2 Back Cruise Questions

Hi everyone. Hope some former back 2 backers can help me. Every summer/fall we take a huge group trip. Usually a 7 night Caribbean cruise. This year some of the group cant afford to get away for 7 days so we had to compromise. The solution was to book a 5 night on Enchantment followed by a 4 night on Enchantment. The whole group is going on the 5 night and some of us are staying on for the 4 night. What does a B2B entail such as checking in for second cruise. Also do you always get a different cabin or stay in the same one? Also will the entertainment be different on the 2nd one? Seems like a 7 night is a bit easier then a 5 and 4 night back to back, but hey who am I to complain. Especially that this trip will be just a couple months after a 14 night Mediterranean cruise aboard Brilliance. Also how does booking work if I am going to be Diamond after the 1st half of the back 2 back. Do I get benefits on the 2nd half of a diamond member. Thanks for your help.

What does a B2B entail such as checking in for second cruise.

Usually the Guest Relations Manager will send you a letter during the first cruise outlining how the B2Bers will be handled. You get your new ship pass, go to imigration, get your new picture and you are done. Usually takes 15-20 minutes and it's all smiles. Sometimes you have a speacial lunch with some staff or officers, sometimes not. It depends on lots of things.

Also do you always get a different cabin or stay in the same one?

We try to get the same cabin but have moved twice. The cabin attendants will help you move. You don't leave your old cabin until the new one is ready. Place your stuff in your bags on the bed. The attendant will bring a dolly and load your bags and take your hangers out of the closet and put them into the new closet. Then put your bags on the bed so you can put your stuff away. Another 15-20 minutes and your done. You don't have to be there for the bags to move. You just have to empty the drawers and shelves.

Also will the entertainment be different on the 2nd one? Seems like a 7 night is a bit easier then a 5 and 4 night back to back,

With a 5 and a 4 you will loose something. Lately there hasn't been lobster on the 4 night cruise. You will still have one formal night. The entertainment will likely be the same unless someone's contract is up. There will only be one production show by the RC Singers and Dancers.

Also how does booking work if I am going to be Diamond after the 1st half of the back 2 back. Do I get benefits on the 2nd half of a diamond member.

Be sure to let who ever books your B2B know that your status changes between the cruises. Also tell the loyality ambassador during the first cruise. The diamond discount for balcony or above is worth it! The LA will see that you get your savings books and appropriate other stuff.

Enjoy. :)

I would certainly try to book the same cabin, why unpack and pack twice :D

###

For sure! but if I wasn't clear before ....... you really don't have to pack. You don't even have to zip the case. You can just lay your stuff in the case and it will be handled just like pulling a drawer out and putting it back into a cabinet. It will not be thrown down the stairs :D

The same cabin is great. You can enjoy the cabin the whole day. Except for the new picture and a quick trip to immigration the day in port is like any other day in port.

We love B2Bs on any length. We've done 4+6; 5+5; 7+18; & 7+7. They were all great.

wow-- if i am ever able to do a 7 plus 18..............i will have died and gone to cruise heaven! that is awesome petel! congrats on your great b2b's...... love it!

Thanks for bringing back the great memories.......it was like cruise heaven and very rare. We love the Splendour and it was a Greek Isle & Turkey followed by a cruise thru the Med back to Galveston. We had so many great ports and six consecutive sea days. It was wonderful - didn't want it to end. :D ~:) ~:D

• 2 weeks later...

:) star princess 11-21 to dec 3 rome to rome and 12-3 to 12-20 rome to ft, lauderdale..29 days a 12 +17 . I am anxious and my dh has his doubts. Our longest cruise 17days ft lauderdale to l. a. a panama canal transitional..pleez tips pro or con will be appreciated:)

Thanks for bringing back the great memories.......it was like cruise heaven and very rare. We love the Splendour and it was a Greek Isle & Turkey followed by a cruise thru the Med back to Galveston. We had so many great ports and six consecutive sea days. It was wonderful - didn't want it to end. :D ~:) ~:D

Archived