Cruise Critic Visitor's Log on QM2

cusyl

Just a reminder to add your signatures to the logbook which is in the library. The book was placed on the maiden voyage of the vessel, and is a record of all the Cruise Critic members who have sailed on this magnificent ship.

Hi Cusyl- just got off the qm2 on wednesday- transatlantic crossing- what a great time! I signed the book in the library the first day!! 81 signatures as of July 22, 2004!!!

I think I counted something like 500 spaces for putting an entry in the logbook - at this rate (taking into account that there were about 20 entries made on the Maiden Voyage) that should take it up to 2007/2008 sometime.

• 1 month later...

Anyone signed the log book lately?

There is no log on the QE2 unless someone took the initiative to purchase one and have it put in the Library.

Recently had a great voyage with Princess during hurricane Frances and got 3 additional days on the ship. They even provided free internet and phone service during those days so people could change their reservations home. I read that Carnival did not extend that same courtesy to people on the Paradise docked next to us in Cozumel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am wondering if there is more than one Visitor's Log in the library? The one I signed did not indicate anything about Cruise Critic on the front, and I was the only one who had signed it on the 12/6/04 cruise near the end of the cruise. Previous signing was dated 12/5/04. Mary Darden, the dark haired American librarian there knew what I was talking about and went right to it under the counter, but the young blond Brit librarian I spoke to earlier in the cruise knew NOTHING about it, told me there was no such thing, and even refused to look for it. Mary apologized for her and said she was new to the ship. The log I signed had many, many empty pages left in it. Hope to sign it again sometime in the future. Magnificent ship, great trip, lots of wonderful memories.

Barb & Ron in Albuquerque

I try to keep bumping this up to remind people to sign the book. As far as I know there is only one book. It says Visitor's Log on the cover and the first entries were made on the maiden voyage. Last time someone reported on it there were over 100 entries in the log.

We signed in the first day on the 11-16-04 cruise. There were 6 pages full and I counted about 48 pages left. When I asked at the desk for the Cruise Critic visitor's log, the male at the desk, who I think was in charge, went right under the counter facing the library/bow and got it. I looked at it several times during the trip to see who else had signed. Phoenix Cruiser signed in near the end of the trip. I would suggest signing in early on your cruise with your name, board name and cabin number. That way, you can get in touch with others on this board that are on your cruise. I asked the guy at the desk if there were any other visitor's logs there, and he said the Cruise Critic book was the only one. It had a small blue Cruise Critic logo from this board pasted on the front. Cusyl, we were in Sarasota Thursday night for a Ski Club of Sarasota holiday party at Michael's. Did you start the book? If so, someone should make a photocopy of the six pages and mail to you when they return.

I just returned from the QM2 and as of 1-1-05, was the last person who sign the visitor's log. No one else from the 14 day sailing signed the book. Counted the pages too and believe only 6 pages were filled at 13 entries per page. Btw, the cruise was great!

I only suggested that we start the book and a lady that was going to be on the maiden voyage agreed to purchase the book and put it in the library. I was on the second voyage from Ft Lauderdale. Glad to see that it is still there. We need to keep bumping this to the front page of the boards so that people will know it is there.

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder to add your signatures to the logbook which is in the library. The book was placed on the maiden voyage of the vessel, and is a record of all the Cruise Critic members who have sailed on this magnificent ship.

I'm sorry I didn't know about the Log Book. Just got off the 2/19-26 sailing and had a great time. I was hoping to meet Beth Cruiser but never connected. I did do Tea, almost daily- my kids loved it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived