Carnival Cruise Lines' Veteran's Day Promotion

CruiseCentric

MIAMI, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In honor of Veteran's Day, Carnival Cruise Lines is offering a promotion throughout the month of November that allows active and retired military personnel to book up to three "Fun Ship" staterooms for themselves and their friends and family members at special discounted rates, starting at low as $189 per person.

Reservations must be made between Nov. 1-30, 2007, to qualify for this promotion, which is available in conjunction with a wide range of three- to 12-day "Fun Ship" departures through Dec. 31, 2008.

Rates start at $189 per person for three-day cruises from Miami, Fla., and four-day cruises from Long Beach, Calif.; $249 per person for five-day cruises from Mobile, Ala., and Jacksonville, Fla.; $279 per person for four and five day cruises from San Diego, Calif.; and $399 per person for seven-day cruises from Miami.

"Veteran's Day is a time that our country honors the sacrifice and service of our military personnel and Carnival is doing its part by providing exceptionally attractive rates to our men and women in uniform," said Vicki Freed, senior vice president sales and guest services.

The promotion is valid for individual bookings only, capacity controlled and not applicable with any other discount offer. Fare code CPM1 must be requested during the reservations process and military personnel must provide proof of service. Certain other restrictions apply.

Carnival is the world's most popular cruise line, with a fleet of 22 "Fun Ships" operating three- to 16-day voyages to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, the Greek Isles and South America. The line currently has three new ships scheduled for delivery between now and 2011.

You will not be able to get military discount for friends and family till Nov. 1,and that is if it is available on your sailing for that date.I just tried.Have a cabin booked for us on military and two couples are also on regular reservation.They would not do anything today about it.Just have to wait and see if it is available on Nov. 1 and ask them to switch it to that rate.

;) Just got a confirmation that its valid from my pvp, i emailed her and she confirmed. Hopefully, they are including their own staff in the press releases day of, instead of later.

Not sure why, but I always thought you were a PVP. :o Guess I need another vacation :)

thanks i did not book yet as of now it has the military rate i will book nov 1st and hope its all still available.

I might be wrong:o, while you cant book it yet, you should be able to call and check to see if the cruise you are interested in, will have the military discount. Couldnt hurt to call and check.

I called Carnival and the person there didn't know anything about it...she had no information. She said to call back Nov. 1 which I will do. However, if she tells me they are sold out, I will protesteth too much! We would like to cruise again in January, DHs birthday and our anniversary. Thanks for the heads up!

Cruising in December and used the Military discount as a Veteran, since Carnival is the only cruise line that offers the discounts to Vets.

Noticed in the article it was open to Active and Retired. Gonna have to call in November to see if I can get the discount as a Vet as well.

I see the terms "veteran - active duty - retired" in the posts.

Is there a middle ground? I'm not active nor did I retire from service.

I served some active duty and 6 yrs reserve in the late 60's - early 70's.

I have my DD-214 and such.

What is the criteria for consideration for a 'military discount'?

I see the terms "veteran - active duty - retired" in the posts.

Is there a middle ground? I'm not active nor did I retire from service.

I served some active duty and 6 yrs reserve in the late 60's - early 70's.

I have my DD-214 and such.

What is the criteria for consideration for a 'military discount'?

I had the same question as my father is joining us on our next cruise and he had the same time of service. My TA told me that as long as you have your DD-214 and served more than 2 years, (regular or reserve) you qualify for the discount. I am in the process of getting my father's DD-214 and actually see if this is true.

Cruising in December and used the Military discount as a Veteran, since Carnival is the only cruise line that offers the discounts to Vets.

Noticed in the article it was open to Active and Retired. Gonna have to call in November to see if I can get the discount as a Vet as well.

NCL agent calls me regularly to chat;)

Insists that even though DH isn't retired, they will gladly extend the military discount to him, as long as it's one of the cruises that has the offer...as long as we provide the DD-214

He also states that we can get a 10% union discount (USW); with appropriate forms completed, off the discounted rate too:eek: . Quoted us a very low rate on 7 night out of Miami.

i bet you wouldn't because it was released today :D

Yes, your still could. This was released to us TA's last week;)

My TA told me that as long as you have your DD-214 and served more than 2 years, (regular or reserve) you qualify for the discount. - this too is true

He also states that we can get a 10% union discount , yes you can:)

I booked two balconies on the Conquest two weeks ago.

One cabin I received the military rate the other past guest rate.

I am thinking about calling my TA and canceling and re-book on Nov 1st.

The savings would be about $500.

I'm thinking the worst that could happen is I don't get the same cabins.

My cruise is not until June.

What would you do? :confused:

I booked two balconies on the Conquest two weeks ago.

One cabin I received the military rate the other past guest rate.

I am thinking about calling my TA and canceling and re-book on Nov 1st.

The savings would be about $500.

I'm thinking the worst that could happen is I don't get the same cabins.

My cruise is not until June.

What would you do? :confused:

'

Normally you arent allowed to cancel and rebook. The sales are for new bookings, but the worst they could do is say no.

Archived