Cabana Rental on Pricess Cays- Let's Narrow This Down

CruiseFever

Ok so now my shore excursions are available for our October Star Princess cruise and I see that Cabana Rental ($8) IS indeed on the list.

Who else sees this option available on their cruise coming up before ours?

I'd like to figure out when they are actually starting to offer these Cabanas then get a report from someone on the very first cruise all about it.

There are still some unknowns.

Is this like the Cabanas we might rent at South Beach that hold 2 people easily so for our party of two I need reserve just one? Or is this a per person charge that each passenger needs to get in on?

I know this is a silly topic but I want to know so bear with me please

Chris,

I have one confirmed for my 9/25 Caribbean Princess cruise. I am the only one in our party of 4 that wants to have shade available so I only booked one. Hopefully, someone will know something more about them soon. If not I will post as soon as I get back!

Does the Cabana come supplied with cabana girl...or cabana boy as the case may be?:D :cool:

That's not as far fetched as you might imagine. I was reading the other day of a passenger on HAL who did this and got a butler and other goodies with their rental...I'd bet it was more than eight bucks though.

That price, actually, if its for one cabana is good compared to, say, South Beach which rents them for $10

We'll see

I'm sailing on the Caribbean Princess on Oct. 16th (by the way I'm in the same room you were-753). One person on my board mentioned seeing cabanas on Princess cays and within a day or 2, we had all of them booked. It seems that for 3,000 people, there are only 20 cabanas. The shore excursion site now lists them as "waitlist only". Since there are 2 months until the cruise, the people who waited never stood a chance! I don't know if they are for 1 or 2 people, but when you book one, they ask how many people, so maybe they have both.

I intend to bring my OWN cabana boy!

Nancy

How far in advance do they open up the excursions on the website. If they do have cabanas on our cruise for Princess cay, I want to be the first one on even if I have to get up in the middle of the night.

Like rollingstone I will bring my own cabana boy :D but he falls asleep too easily. :rolleyes:

Where do they set them up? For $8 you can't go wrong. :)

I'm sailing on the Caribbean Princess on Oct. 16th (by the way I'm in the same room you were-753). One person on my board mentioned seeing cabanas on Princess cays and within a day or 2, we had all of them booked. It seems that for 3,000 people, there are only 20 cabanas. The shore excursion site now lists them as "waitlist only". Since there are 2 months until the cruise, the people who waited never stood a chance! I don't know if they are for 1 or 2 people, but when you book one, they ask how many people, so maybe they have both.

I intend to bring my OWN cabana boy!

Nancy

Now I'm REALLY glad we did this! I just know that every time I've been there its been really hot

Tina - For our Oct 16th cruise, it's on page 3 of the shore excursions in the Cruise Personalizer and it's the third one down on the page. It's right after the 2:10 pm Banana Boat ride. It's ShoreEx/Tour ID: RSD-P which are available from September 30, 2004 through May 25, 2005.

Dee

This might sound stupid but what do you need a cabana for? I will be visiting the Princess Cay in February for the first time. I assumed we would wear our swim suits off the ship and that we'd stay on the beach. Is there more to see that we'd want to change or something? Is the cabana just for changing?

This might sound stupid but what do you need a cabana for? I will be visiting the Princess Cay in February for the first time. I assumed we would wear our swim suits off the ship and that we'd stay on the beach. Is there more to see that we'd want to change or something? Is the cabana just for changing?

Both times we've been there it's been REALLY hot and there's not much shade except for a few palm huts.

When I think "Cabana" I think this but it is beginning to sound like it might be more than this....we'll see soon I hope

cabana.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just reserved one for our 10/9 cruise on the Caribbean Princess. There were 19 available, so I guess a lot of people on my cruise don't know about them yet. I was confused if I should do one or two people since my DH doesn't really care about it. I did reserve for 2 just in case. Hopefully we will find out more before we leave.

Both times we've been there it's been REALLY hot and there's not much shade except for a few palm huts.

When I think "Cabana" I think this but it is beginning to sound like it might be more than this....we'll see soon I hope

Chris we've been to Princess Cays several times and have never had any problem finding shade. Just go to the left, towards where they serve lunch and there are bunches of palm umbrellas or 'huts'. Most even have tables under them. One of the gals we sail with can't take more than 10 minutes of sun without burning and we have never had a problem getting her into the shade. But, if these cabanas come with extras :p maybe it would be worth it. Has anyone called and asked Princess about them? Might be very interesting .............. :D

My 11/7 Cruise on the Star also listed the Cabana, does not give much detail about what it is and includes. I decided to call Princess to get the scoop, they stated that it is basically a tent, however he mentioned that you would need to sit on the sand or you could pull a chair into the Cabana (tent) if you would like. He did not seem to sure about the info he was providing me so he may have been just guessing.

I decided to book 1 anyways for me and the wife, there was 16 left when I booked mine.

Al :D

After reading this thread yesterday, I too reserved one for 11/7 and 11/14 for the Star. They were all available at that time, but would sure love to hear what they "really" are. Seems strange that they wouldn't already have chairs in them????? Also would like to know the location....

I was in FLL last weekend and the Lago Mar was offering cabanas for rent: they were the "clam shell" type deal pictured above. I would guess for $8 that's what it is. Meanwhile, I hope Frances doesn't blow them all away before our February Sun Princess cruise!!!:eek:

I'm so grateful to have read this thread this morning. It seems these cabanas go fast. We are booked on the 10/9 sailing of Carribean Princess. I went to the Personalizer to check about them and it said there were 17 remaining. I took the chance and booked in one name and chose 2 adults. It appears that it will result in 2 cabanas as the number available changed immediately to 15.

Hope this will help someone else get in on the opportunity. These boards are invaluable for up-to-the minute info! Thanks to all

awfw

Archived