Princess Cays - Bungalows

VIKINGCRUISER

• 2 weeks later...

Alert, we have a bungalo booked on Princess Cays. We booked with another couple thinking it would be nice for all the reasons posted on this board: Priority tenders, food served, airconditioned, privacy, etc. Well, we have just learned that Princess recently pulled the plug on everything that made it a good deal (if 200 bucks seems like a good deal to you) (it did to us). No more priority tenders & no meal served to your bungalo. (Another 100 bucks will get you those things). No way......... We're cancelling.

Pass it on...

Alert, we have a bungalow booked on Princess Cays. We booked with another couple thinking it would be nice for all the reasons posted on this board: Priority tenders, food served, airconditioned, privacy, etc. Well, we have just learned that Princess recently pulled the plug on everything that made it a good deal (if 200 bucks seems like a good deal to you) (it did to us). No more priority tenders & no meal served to your bungalo. (Another 100 bucks will get you those things). No way......... We're cancelling.

Pass it on...

We would do the same, we were there in March, and those were the things that make the bungalows special. Now, it's $200.00 for shade, air conditioning and reserved lounge chairs. Simply not worth the investment.

• 4 months later...

Beach Bungalows (Up To 6 People)

Enjoy your own private beach bungalow while at Princess Cays. The colorful beachfront bungalows are perfect for families or for those who want to make the most of their visit to Princess Cays. Located in the picturesque palm grove just behind the beach, each bungalow features air-conditioning and ceiling fan, a table and four chairs inside, two sun loungers outside on the deck, and a private shower. Additional amenties may be included for a supplemental charge such as a gourmet picnic. Ask for details at the Shore Excursion Desk onboard.

SPECIAL NOTES

A bungalow can accommodate up to six guests. Please book per bungalow. One ticket is valid for up to six people. This rental is non-refundable.

Greetings,

We were on Princess Cay on Saturday, May 10, 2008 and we rented a bungalow. The package included six priority tender passes. There are now 12 bungalows on the island. We did not get a golf cart ride to the bungalows, as there wasn't anybody at the Information Kiosk when we arrived. It is a about a 5 minute walk to the north of the dock.

Upon arrival at a hut near the bungalows, we were guided to our assigned bungalow, which was #5 Sunflower and introduced to the amenities and to our attendant, who also oversaw a few other bungalows. When we arrived, the air conditioner had already cooled down the bungalow, there were two pitchers of ice cold water, and the table inside was set and ready for lunch. Outside, there are two lounges on the porch and four more immediately in front of the porch. Our attendant, Carlos, brought a big tray of food for lunch at around 11:30 a.m. which included the meat for hamburgers, hot dogs, bbq ribs, bbq chicken, and grilled chicken breast; plus buns, condiments, and cole slaw.

While in our bungalow, Princess had cocktail waiters and waitresses walking around the island and they would occasionaly stop by to take our drink orders. There was an extra charge for cocktails and soda, which is charged to your stateroom. I took a stroll while we there and I was able to pick up a glass of iced tea at the bbq line.

The shoreline near the bungalows is rocky and consists of the shallow reef that you can snorkel. It seems we spent more time snorkeling than at our bungalow, but it was nice knowing we had a safe place to keep our stuff and did not have the hassle of waiting in line for lunch. Also, it was a good place to take a break while snorkeling to have a drink and cool off in the air conditioning (but the ocean water did a good job of that too).

Greetings,

We were on Princess Cay on Saturday, May 10, 2008 and we rented a bungalow. The package included six priority tender passes. There are now 12 bungalows on the island. We did not get a golf cart ride to the bungalows, as there wasn't anybody at the Information Kiosk when we arrived. It is a about a 5 minute walk to the north of the dock.

Upon arrival at a hut near the bungalows, we were guided to our assigned bungalow, which was #5 Sunflower and introduced to the amenities and to our attendant, who also oversaw a few other bungalows. When we arrived, the air conditioner had already cooled down the bungalow, there were two pitchers of ice cold water, and the table inside was set and ready for lunch. Outside, there are two lounges on the porch and four more immediately in front of the porch. Our attendant, Carlos, brought a big tray of food for lunch at around 11:30 a.m. which included the meat for hamburgers, hot dogs, bbq ribs, bbq chicken, and grilled chicken breast; plus buns, condiments, and cole slaw.

While in our bungalow, Princess had cocktail waiters and waitresses walking around the island and they would occasionaly stop by to take our drink orders. There was an extra charge for cocktails and soda, which is charged to your stateroom. I took a stroll while we there and I was able to pick up a glass of iced tea at the bbq line.

The shoreline near the bungalows is rocky and consists of the shallow reef that you can snorkel. It seems we spent more time snorkeling than at our bungalow, but it was nice knowing we had a safe place to keep our stuff and did not have the hassle of waiting in line for lunch. Also, it was a good place to take a break while snorkeling to have a drink and cool off in the air conditioning (but the ocean water did a good job of that too).

Did you pay extra or the food ?

Thanks

Our bungalow attendant brought trays of the bbq food from the buffet line. There was no extra charge. I didn't even notice an additional service fee on top of the $199 on my stateroom account. I wouldn't have missed any extra fee, as I did not buy much during this trip. There is the VIP upgrade that they have, but I did not do that.

We had a bungalow on Princess Cays on the CB 5-11-08 cruise. There are now 12 bungalows available, not 6, so your chances are a little better now.

We got priority tender service, food brought to our bungalow by an attendant (for no extra charge), a golf cart ride to and from the bungalow area and all of the other amenities that were originally included. Be aware that the bars start closing down at 12:30 or so and the bartenders and servers are off the island by 1 p.m. as they have to get everything back to the ship before the tenders get too busy. That means pre-order the rest of your drinks EARLY so you won't be caught off guard when the attendants stop coming around for drink orders at around 1 p.m. After all, you've paid all that money, you may as well use the bungalow until you're forced to go back to the ship LOL!

It was well worth the money. We shared with another couple, which made it more affordable. I would highly recommend doing it this way. Plenty of room for 4!

Have fun!

Nancy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK I am a bit confused-can someone explain the following-what do you get exactly-and what do you get with the 100 extra...which i gather makes it 300?

What food do you get with the extra 100-please do not tell me the barbacue.....

Alert, we have a bungalo booked on Princess Cays. We booked with another couple thinking it would be nice for all the reasons posted on this board: Priority tenders, food served, airconditioned, privacy, etc. Well, we have just learned that Princess recently pulled the plug on everything that made it a good deal (if 200 bucks seems like a good deal to you) (it did to us). No more priority tenders & no meal served to your bungalo. (Another 100 bucks will get you those things). No way......... We're cancelling.

Pass it on...

OK I am a bit confused-can someone explain the following-what do you get exactly-and what do you get with the 100 extra...which i gather makes it 300?

Pass it on...

• 1 month later...

Florida Lady - as far as I know Princess did not go ahead with their plans to increase the bungalow price and/or remove some of the services. Do this date the price is $199 and you get all the food/services that have been mentioned in this thread. At the time Princess was going to change their policy there were so many bungalow cancellations, ours included, that perhaps Princess got the message loud and clear - 199 is alright but 299 isn't!!!

Jayna K :)

• 1 month later...

Quite a while ago, I read a news release from Princess announcing the new VIP service for the bungalows. This service would be an additional $100 to the $199 fee and would feature a "gourmet picnic." This picnic would include many upscale food items including lobster salad. I cannot find the article now, but at no time did it state that the regular barbeque food would be discontinued from the $199 fee. It would just be an added amentity available for someone wishing for a more upscale experience.

If anyone can find that article, please post the link. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you ALL for the posting on the bungalows. DH and I have one reserved for our upcoming cruise.

One question, what should we expect to tip? Again, there will only be two of us but I don't want to overtip or UNDERTIP!! We certainly do not mind at all at tipping but I wanna make sure I do it correctly. This is our first time so any info is much appreciated!

Thank you ALL for the posting on the bungalows. DH and I have one reserved for our upcoming cruise.

One question, what should we expect to tip? Again, there will only be two of us but I don't want to overtip or UNDERTIP!! We certainly do not mind at all at tipping but I wanna make sure I do it correctly. This is our first time so any info is much appreciated!

You will get 12 different responses to this question, but over the consensus seems to be $20.00 for your waiter.

Archived