Ultimate Balcony Dining Questions

Shelby Cruiser

Can anyone respond regarding their experience doing the ultimate balcony dining.

1)Would like to know who much it costs (the Princess site states nominal charge)

2)Can you order from any restaurant onboard's menu or just the room service menu

3)Is it worth the extra charge, or would you have preferred to spend the extra money & go to the speciality restaurant

We will be having for the first time an aft balcony cabin & were contemplating doing this while on our Emerald cruise coming up starting 2/24. Your comments would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Larry & Donna

The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is a waiter served dinner with a special menu that can be changed around a bit if you need to. The cost is $100 per couple plus tip for the waiter. It also includes a drink, picture and flowers and as stated, a private waiter.

Lots of discussion about menu items and such can be found here for the UBD. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=686546&highlight=Ultimate+Balcony+Dinner+Menu

Shelby Cruiser,

This was one of the highlights for my fiance and I. Its a nice way to just sit and enjoy eachother's company in the privacy of your own balcony with great food and conversation. Well worth the $100.00. .

I hope you truely enjoy it as much as we did.

I had the ultimate balcony breakfast on my last cruise. I had the wrong assumptions about it, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. They were punctual, came in with about 5 trays worth of food (enough for 6 people). They then left! I was under the impression I sat on the balcony and they waited on me! I am thinking the Ultimate Balcony Dining is probably similar.

Other than that it was OK, something to do once, probably never again, just like Sabatini's and Sterling. (Although I'd kill for a Papaya Quesidilla from Sterling again...might have to book it just for that).

I had the ultimate balcony breakfast on my last cruise. I had the wrong assumptions about it, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. They were punctual, came in with about 5 trays worth of food (enough for 6 people). They then left! I was under the impression I sat on the balcony and they waited on me! I am thinking the Ultimate Balcony Dining is probably similar.

Other than that it was OK, something to do once, probably never again, just like Sabatini's and Sterling. (Although I'd kill for a Papaya Quesidilla from Sterling again...might have to book it just for that).

Yes. the UBD is similar. You do get waited on and you still get enough privacy to enjoy your meal and feel as though you're alone. Your waiter for the evening also leaves your room for a period of time to check on your dish etc. You can make it as private as you like or engage in conversation with him/her. That's what we did and really enjoyed speaking with him. We also had the ultimate balcony breakfast and agree with you 100%. Its alot of food, but we still really enjoyed it.

As far as the Papaya Quesidilla goes....it sounds absolutely declicious! Hope they still have it when I cruise for my honeymoon!

everyone else answered your questions on pricing, etc. i just wanted to say that MH and I throughly enjoyed our meal on our honeymoon. everything was fabulous, down to the salad. well, i enjoyed my salad, MH doesnt eat it, but I can tell you I thought it was so good, I was wishing that he had one so I couldve had some of that too! It was delicious and well worth the $ in my opinion. We will do it again.

Archived