Parking in NYC

We are in MD and usually fly to FL for our cruises, but are going out of NY this fall.

I just found out that there are two ports in NY, one in Manhatten and one in Brooklyn. Our ship will be sailing out of Manhatten and the parking costs is $30 per day at the port.

I did a little checking and have found a parking garage about 1/2 mile from the port that will be $145 for the entire week which sounds pretty good to me.

Anyone have any suggestions as to other places to park? From my other trips to NY I realize how precious and expensive parking is but thought I'd ask for suggestions anyway.

We are in MD and usually fly to FL for our cruises, but are going out of NY this fall.

I just found out that there are two ports in NY, one in Manhatten and one in Brooklyn. Our ship will be sailing out of Manhatten and the parking costs is $30 per day at the port.

I did a little checking and have found a parking garage about 1/2 mile from the port that will be $145 for the entire week which sounds pretty good to me.

Anyone have any suggestions as to other places to park? From my other trips to NY I realize how precious and expensive parking is but thought I'd ask for suggestions anyway.

how did you find this parking garage. we are also going out of nyc and are interested infinding other places. would you mind passing alond website

how did you find this parking garage. we are also going out of nyc and are interested infinding other places. would you mind passing alond website

Sure, no problem. I just did a search for NYC parking and stumbled upon it.

It's an odd site. You put in the dates you want to park and it will quote you a price and tell you to print out the invoice. They say that guarantee's they will have a spot for you and all you do is show the invoice when you arrive. However, you pay nothing up front. So I'm a little skeptical, but have nothing to lose right? It's 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal and if I go there and they don't have a spot, I just go back to the cruise terminal and park.

I wasn't sure which lot was the closest to the terminal so when I was puttimg in the info, I just clicked "not sure of area, need assistance" and when the next page came up, I clicked on "near cruise terminal". It then gave me a list of parking garages close to the terminal.

Here's the site:

http://www.iconparking.com

I live in NY and when I drive into Manhattan for a show or whatever, I always use iconparking.com. They own/affiliated with garages all over Manhattan and that search tool is very handy.

You just put in from when to when, and the area of Manhattan you want (ex. Theater District, Upper East Side, etc.) and it brings up a list of locations and the prices. You print out the sheet and you are guaranteed the spot at the price quoted.

One time going to see a show we got a spot 3 blocks from the theater for $10!! Down the street from the show they wanted $32!!!

I live in NY and when I drive into Manhattan for a show or whatever, I always use iconparking.com. They own/affiliated with garages all over Manhattan and that search tool is very handy.

You just put in from when to when, and the area of Manhattan you want (ex. Theater District, Upper East Side, etc.) and it brings up a list of locations and the prices. You print out the sheet and you are guaranteed the spot at the price quoted.

One time going to see a show we got a spot 3 blocks from the theater for $10!! Down the street from the show they wanted $32!!!

Thank you so much for the info. I printed out the voucher from icon parking but it just seemed so odd. No deposit, no anything to hold the spot yet they are guaranteeing me? A great deal for sure at a decent price.

Archived