Who to call to get nextcruise applied to a cruise already booked?

I am getting the run around from regular CSRs at RCI. I am trying to get my next cruise applied to a cruise already booked. What is the best number to call to get someone who knows what they are doing?

Yes, you can apply it by tansfering the booking to the new booking number. I realize I have to cancel and rebook, but am having problems getting a CSR knowing how to do it. I have done this before, but am having problems with this one for some reason.

Yes, you can apply it by tansfering the booking to the new booking number. I realize I have to cancel and rebook, but am having problems getting a CSR knowing how to do it. I have done this before, but am having problems with this one for some reason.

You have to keep the original booking number from your Next Cruise when transferring the booking. To transfer the booking (and to keep the original booking number) you have to make a change in the booking (such as different Ship, different week, etc.) , not the same Ship same cabin!

If you cancel a Next Cruise you loose IT! You Must Keep the Same Original Booking Number!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, got it done.

Phew. I hate it when CSRs don't know what they are doing.

Same ship, same cabin, same time, etc.

PS: if you cancel a cruise with a nextcruise booking, you do not lose it. You have to rebook withing 12 months though.

Lisichka, please explain what you did. I have always been under the impression that you could not do that without cancelling the original booking and rebooking with the next cruise booking number, is that correct? And if the price increased when you rebooked you would have to pay the higher fare, is that correct?

Lisichka, please explain what you did. I have always been under the impression that you could not do that without cancelling the original booking and rebooking with the next cruise booking number, is that correct? And if the price increased when you rebooked you would have to pay the higher fare, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. I was having problems because they put 5 of us in a cabin that I did not want to lose. I finally found a CSR who transfered my reservation to the next cruise booking numer....everything stayed the same. Did not have to cancel, rebook, etc. All monies transfered with it, and nothing was changed.

Payment deposit of $100 per person is due at time of booking and is non-refundable. Balance of full deposit will be due when actual ship, sailing date and

category is selected.

Final payment date will be assigned when actual ship, sailing date and category is selected.

REMARKS

Traveling with booking numbers(s):

· Non-refundable deposit will be applied to actual ship, sailing date and category, when selected.

· The spelling of the guest(s) name above must match their proof of identification during ship check-in formalities.

· Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value of $50 - $200. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing

date is selected. Onboard credit only applies to guest staterooms listed on this confirmation. Guest forfeits the onboard credit if booking cancels.

Royal Caribbean NextCruise.. Terms and Conditions

1. You can apply the value of your NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A NextCruise booking is not valid on any other cruise lines,

including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International.

2. A minimum of one person per booking must be 21 years of age or older and all guest(s) must satisfy Royal Caribbean International's requirements for passage.

3. Pricing, availability, and dining time to be determined at time of selection of ship and sailing date, and is subject to change.

4. Final payment is due 60 days prior for 1,2, 3, 4, and 5 night sailings; 70 days prior for 6 or more night sailings, and 90 days prior for holiday sailings. (These refund dates are

subject to change without notice.) If ship and sailing date is selected within the final payment period, full balance will be due immediately.

5. Full Names are required at time of booking. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and applicable cancellation charges.

At least one name on the original booking must remain the same.

6. This confirmation is non-refundable and has no cash value.

7. To apply your NextCruise account balance against a specific ship and sailing date contact your Travel Agent.

8. Your NextCruise account balance cannot be used for cruises chartered by third parties and may not be used for certain customized group programs (i.e. value add groups).

9. Your NextCruise account balance is not redeemable for cash.

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial

NextCruise deposit.

1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL. 33132 USA 2 of 3

www.royalcaribbean.com Sunday, June 10, 2007

You can not cancel a Next Cruise, you must keep the original Booking number. I have yet to hear anyone being able to use a Next cruise for a Cruise already booked! I have heard of people transferring the booking and keeping the original booking number when they transferred.

I guess rules change!

Payment deposit of $100 per person is due at time of booking and is non-refundable. Balance of full deposit will be due when actual ship, sailing date and

category is selected.

Final payment date will be assigned when actual ship, sailing date and category is selected.

REMARKS

Traveling with booking numbers(s):

· Non-refundable deposit will be applied to actual ship, sailing date and category, when selected.

· The spelling of the guest(s) name above must match their proof of identification during ship check-in formalities.

· Guest will receive an onboard credit in the value of $50 - $200. Onboard credit value is based on length of sailing and will be assigned per stateroom, when ship and sailing

date is selected. Onboard credit only applies to guest staterooms listed on this confirmation. Guest forfeits the onboard credit if booking cancels.

Royal Caribbean NextCruise.. Terms and Conditions

1. You can apply the value of your NextCruise account against the cost of a Royal Caribbean International cruise. A NextCruise booking is not valid on any other cruise lines,

including any other affiliates of Royal Caribbean International.

2. A minimum of one person per booking must be 21 years of age or older and all guest(s) must satisfy Royal Caribbean International's requirements for passage.

3. Pricing, availability, and dining time to be determined at time of selection of ship and sailing date, and is subject to change.

4. Final payment is due 60 days prior for 1,2, 3, 4, and 5 night sailings; 70 days prior for 6 or more night sailings, and 90 days prior for holiday sailings. (These refund dates are

subject to change without notice.) If ship and sailing date is selected within the final payment period, full balance will be due immediately.

5. Full Names are required at time of booking. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability and any other restrictions and applicable cancellation charges.

At least one name on the original booking must remain the same.

6. This confirmation is non-refundable and has no cash value.

7. To apply your NextCruise account balance against a specific ship and sailing date contact your Travel Agent.

8. Your NextCruise account balance cannot be used for cruises chartered by third parties and may not be used for certain customized group programs (i.e. value add groups).

9. Your NextCruise account balance is not redeemable for cash.

10. If your NextCruise account balance is applied to an actual ship and sailing date, and then the booking cancels, the guest may request a refund, less the value of the initial

NextCruise deposit.

1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL. 33132 USA 2 of 3

www.royalcaribbean.com Sunday, June 10, 2007

You can not cancel a Next Cruise, you must keep the original Booking number. I have yet to hear anyone being able to use a Next cruise for a Cruise already booked! I have heard of people transferring the booking and keeping the original booking number when they transferred.

I guess rules change!

Yeah, I know it says that on the form, but I have never had a problem canceling and rebooking. On both occassions I kept the OBC as long as I booked within 12 months (including this one. I had previously canceled this one as well).

Hmmm. Looks like you can use a Next cruise coupon for an already booked Cruise. That's what you claim you did! Plus you can cancel a Next Cruise and rebook! Wow..I'm impressed!

Royal Caribbean can do a lot of things.

I never had a problem applying an NC to an existing reservation.

As a matter of fact RCI can cancel an NC, open a new reservation and transfer all NC benefits/payments to the new reservation number.

:D

Hmmm. Looks like you can use a Next cruise coupon for an already booked Cruise. That's what you claim you did! Plus you can cancel a Next Cruise and rebook! Wow..I'm impressed!

Yes lischka and your statement is correct. The first time I booked I didn't know how to apply the Next cruise coupon, so they did it for me after the fact. I have changed cruises and cancelled cruises and rebooked with no problem.

The key is always to keep on file that booking number given to you at the time of your Next cruise coupon.

It's not easy. It can be done if you booked the cruise after you purchased the NextCruise....but it's like pulling teeth, especially if you have 2 cabins.

I had to do this, and was never able to get it applied to the 2nd cabin...I just gave up...I had spent almost as much in certified mail as the amount of the credit.

Their systems are REALLY messed up.

If you have a single cabin, it should be doable.

I have a dumb question what is a nextcruise? I have been on 4 RCCL cruise and never heard of that. Sorry How do you get one?

Next Cruise is something you can get when onboard a Ship. It is a coupon you receive after paying a deposit (can be 100.00 or 200.00 per coupon, depending if you list one name or two names, it is better to list only one name, then you pay 100.00). This coupon can be used on a future booking (don't need to make the booking at the time you get the coupon), and you will receive onboard credit (the same amount of OBC, that you would receive if you booked that same cruise Onboard). It saves you from not having to decide on what cruise you want to book at the time you get the coupon. They never expire. The name on the coupon must be listed in the cabin that you later book.

It is stated on the coupon, no cancellation. I have tried to use a Next cruise coupon on an already booked cruise, but had to cancel the already booked cruise (lost my hump cabin, since there was a waiting list for Humps) and could rebook using the Next Cruise Booking number. Some pax state they had better luck! I have been purchasing the Next Cruise coupons since they came out. Every Cruise I take, I buy a few! I have used 9 of them already.

Some Ships will offer an application in your stateroom to purchase the Next Cruise. Other Ships you make an appointment with the Loyal Ambassodor.

You receive OBC 3-5 nites $50.00

6-9 nites $100.00

10 or more nites $200.00

Archived