Do any of the Miami airport hotels offer a free shuttle service to the cruise port?

staylor

Yes, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Miami Airport hotel in Miami Springs (not the Holiday Inn express one though). It was nice. They pick you up at the airport and take your to the port. There is a burger king across the street. We took the 10:30am shuttle and was the 1st group to board the Majesty of the Seas after the wedding group. We got on the ship by 11:15am!!

I booked direct on the internet. Bummer was that it was $79.00/night but when I first checked it was $59.00 but I waited 2 weeks. Book early for best rates.

Hello...

We have stayed at the Miami Holiday Inn Airport North. Then offer a free shuttle that runs every 20 minutes to and from the airport. Once at the hotel simply inform the desk clerk you need to get to carnival... and they will assign you a time and shuttle to the pier.

We stayed at the days inn Miami airport, for our Carnival Triumph cruise

about a year and a half ago.

They do pick you up at the airport and take you to the hotel

(only trouble there was getting the right days inn van, as there are several days inns each running their own shuttle vans)

Hotel is nice enough, nothing earth shattering, but very pleasant, and comfortable, the resteraunt has a interesting eastern airlines theme, pool was open 24 hours, don't waste your time and money on the morning breakfast buffet,

My experience with the shuttle from hotel to the port is far less than

complimentary, first they give you tickets for the shuttle to the port

and tell you to be in the hotel lobby at a certain time (can't remember exact time, want to say 10:30 ish)

And they would start running shuttles to the port. well we show up in the lobby at the appointed time, and wait, and wait, and wait, whole wait time muct have been an hour plus, first off the desk clerk doesn't have any

communications with the shuttle vans, and doesn't really know when they will get there, but it should be soon. finally a shuttle shows up, but its not the carnival shuttle, its the RCCL shuttle, he takes his guests and is nice enough to take a few carnival guests (only had room for four, or five carnival guests though)

check back in with the desk clerk, now seems the carnival shuttle has broken down, but a replacement should be there shortly, wait a little longer

finally say the he!! with this i have myself, good friend, his wife and two kids,

four and one years old at the time, kids are impatient, i am impatient

tell the desk clerk to call for a taxi for us (make sure its a van or suburban, for large groups) well this starts a trend, three or four other groups do the same and order vans/suburbans costs us like $22-24 bucks for all of us but, ten minutes later we have a van, and fifteen twenty minutes after that we are at the port checking in to board the ship.

well worth the additional expense, if we had known we would have just ordered the van an hour and a half earlier.

Just my experience.

Mitch

Archived