Miracle 7A (Partially Obstructed View Balcony) Cabins

Chan_T

What has been your experience with these cabins? Also, is it better to book "between" two life boats (i.e. cabin #5169) rather than directly behind a life boat (i.e. cabin #5173)? Also, how much of your view is obstructed? I would like to be able to see, but I don't have to see the water directly beneath me...hope that makes sense.

I asked this same question about a week ago, and got some great responses... If you search you should be able to find it. We are going on the 7/3 Miracle and have rooms 5179 & 5181. Someone posted a link to actual pictures of 7A rooms (sorry I don't remember who posted them). Basically my understanding is that the lifeboats go up to the top of your railing, so if you sit down you will see lifeboat, but if you stand, you will see ocean & port.

Hope this helps.

We just returned from the Miracle, review will follow later this week, we were up graded to a 5th floor cabin, actually a 9A which was wonderful!!!! The balcony is like the ones of the 7A category. The life boat is just up to the floor of your balcony so you do see it when you look out but you can sit down on the chairs, relax and see the water/sights. It was a very nice upgrade for us...loved the room and the balcony was not a problem or concern...good visibility. As to the motion...we had our itineray changed 3 times due to storms in the region. YES the ship moved. Did I get sea sick? Nope, not at all. Did others on board? Yes. One night they said 1/3 of the ship was ill (figured by those who missed dinner/shows/lounges). It really was not all that bad...I have had MUCH worse sailing conditions. All in all, if you have a problem with motion, use the patch, buy wrist bands, take the pills, drink ginger ale, or do whatever works for you. I do suggest finding the 12 hr pills over those 4hr ones. Have a great cruise.

mohavemommy, did you feel any movement on the Miracle? Also, would you book a category 7A again?

My pics were from the Spirit, which is the sister ship to the Miracle. And yes, there was movement, but gentle swaying like on any ship. And yes, I would book a cat 7A cabin again if the price were less than a cat 8. We have found recently when looking at some cruises that we can get a balcony guarantee for less than the 7A, so we would book that way..... but only if you don't mind guarantee cabins. So price would be a factor. The cabin is the same size between a 7A and the cat 8's. We booked the 7A on a room assignment on the Spirit, and booked the balcony guarantee on the Pride (also a sister ship to the Miracle) and got a cat 8H upgrade to the Panorama deck. The only difference in the two cabins was the minor obstruction on the balcony of the 7A. :D

We were in cabin 5236 on the Legend and loved it so much that we have booked the same cabin on the Miracle. Much cheaper and three balconys wide. For convenience and price this cabin is a must for us. Enjoy the Miracle and please post when you return.

Val.

Archived