Category 5A cabin (oceanview obstructed) on the Carnival Spirit Any Good?

posiedon75

I booked a cruise to Mexico this December on the Spirit and chose category 5A cabin on the Main deck. There will be 4 of us (me, wife, and 2 kids). Has anybody ever been in these cabins? If so, I would like some opinions. If it is not that great, then I might want to upgrade. Thanks.

we liked it just fine. Im not a balcony snob , I dont really care where I am. It was nice to be able to open the french doors and see, hear and smell the fresh ocean air. It was nice a quiet as no one was able to hang out like on a balcony. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I wouldnt pay more for one.

Is that a balcony room or is it just doors that open to a railing you can lean on??

A door that opens up to a glass railing, you can not go outside and there is a Lifeboat right here blocking the view.

Fred

I booked a 5A because I like the idea of being able to open the door to get fresh air vs just a window that you can't open. This is a link to a thread with pictures of a 5A on Legend

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=847553&highlight=quad

Also attaching picture of a quad set up I found on cc by another poster.

1547181346_CCLquadcabin.jpg.a60eb586b65c583ea2dbd09e4160447b.jpg

A door that opens up to a glass railing, you can not go outside and there is a Lifeboat right here blocking the view.

Fred is correct concerning the majority of those Spirit-class 5A cabins, but as you can see (from the photo I took above) that is direct sunlight entering my cabin. My view looked between two lifeboats, and I was able to take numerous photos by opening the french doors and pointing my camera through that opening. I've been in a 5A porthole cabin as well, and I'd take my french door view (that I had) over those any day.

Fred is correct concerning the majority of those Spirit-class 5A cabins, but as you can see (from the photo I took above) that is direct sunlight entering my cabin. My view looked between two lifeboats, and I was able to take numerous photos by opening the french doors and pointing my camera through that opening. I've been in a 5A porthole cabin as well, and I'd take my french door view (that I had) over those any day.

I booked a cabin right between 2 lifeboats so I could have a partial view also. They don't have very many quad cabins that are between lifeboats but I managed to get one so I'm a happy camper. It was cheaper than a 6A which is several decks down and only has a window. I'll take fresh air anyday.

Archived