Renewing wedding vows?

SheltieLady

Can someone please tell me about renewing wedding vows onboard. We are booked on the Emerald Princess next March just got of the phone with my sister who is joining us and she asked if we were going to be renewing our vows I had not thought about it. So any information would be great.

We will be celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary next September but decided to cruise in March as I will not cruise during hurricane season.

Christine

Can someone please tell me about renewing wedding vows onboard. We are booked on the Emerald Princess next March just got of the phone with my sister who is joining us and she asked if we were going to be renewing our vows I had not thought about it. So any information would be great.

We will be celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary next September but decided to cruise in March as I will not cruise during hurricane season.

Christine

Christine,

DH and I renewed our vows onboard the Star in 2006. It was our 25th anniversary and it was wonderful.

It was a private ceremony - if you don't count the 15 or so people we invited once we got onboard. We wanted it on the second sea day as that was our actual anniversary and that's exactly what happened.

All the arrangements are made by an events coordinator - one of the pursar's staff and ours was terrific. We asked for our door to be decorated and on our anniversary day, it was. You walk in together. The Captain is waiting for you and greets you at the podium. We did an exchange of rings as well.

You'll get a letter sent to your cabin with all the details and then after the ceremony you'll get a copy of the vows as well as a certificate signed by the Captain.

We did the $205 package and it included my bouquet, DH's boutonnière, champagne, two champagne glasses, a formal portrait, a ships photographer to record the whole thing...and I may be forgetting something...

Again, we loved it. It was beautifully done and very moving. I didn't expect it to be so emotional.

The vow renewal is usually done on sea days/formal nights in the early evening before the Captain's Welcome Party or Captain's Circle Parties.

The vows are your standard wedding vows - slightly varied because they reflect upon your time together. It was very special

Christine,

DH and I renewed our vows onboard the Star in 2006. It was our 25th anniversary and it was wonderful.

It was a private ceremony - if you don't count the 15 or so people we invited once we got onboard. We wanted it on the second sea day as that was our actual anniversary and that's exactly what happened.

All the arrangements are made by an events coordinator - one of the pursar's staff and ours was terrific. We asked for our door to be decorated and on our anniversary day, it was. You walk in together. The Captain is waiting for you and greets you at the podium. We did an exchange of rings as well.

You'll get a letter sent to your cabin with all the details and then after the ceremony you'll get a copy of the vows as well as a certificate signed by the Captain.

We did the $205 package and it included my bouquet, DH's boutonnière, champagne, two champagne glasses, a formal portrait, a ships photographer to record the whole thing...and I may be forgetting something...

Again, we loved it. It was beautifully done and very moving. I didn't expect it to be so emotional.

The vow renewal is usually done on sea days/formal nights in the early evening before the Captain's Welcome Party or Captain's Circle Parties.

The vows are your standard wedding vows - slightly varied because they reflect upon your time together. It was very special

Sharon,

Mike and I received a copy of the vows and the signed "vow renewal" certificate ;) Did you and Bruce get these, too?

To the OP, Christine: DH and I did the vow renewal on my birthday when we sailed on the Dawn in January, 2007. Our 35th anniversary had been June 25, 2006. As Sharon said in her response, the onboard vow renewal is very special and memorable.

Chris

This may be silly; however, DH and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the Island Princess in March, 2009 and I thought it would be lovely to renew our vows (especially since we met later in life after much life-turmoil for both of us).

I see many renew after wonderfully long times together; but I was wondering if it would be received as "weird" for us to renew our vows so early in a marriage?

Thanks.

I don't think it would be weird I would go for it.

I tried to do a search in this forum as I remember someone posted a link to there photos of there renew of vows but the search is down right now.

So if anyone has any pictures I would love to see them.

Christine

Sharon,

Mike and I received a copy of the vows and the signed "vow renewal" certificate ;) Did you and Bruce get these, too?

Chris

I don't think it would be weird I would go for it.

I tried to do a search in this forum as I remember someone posted a link to there photos of there renew of vows but the search is down right now.

So if anyone has any pictures I would love to see them.

Christine

Chris, oops. Yes we did - I forgot to mention that.

Christine, here's a link to our photos.

Our Vow Renewal

Hi Cruzdiva,

The photos were absolutely beautiful! You both look stunning and still so in love. In this day and age of failing marriages, yours is a testament of good things.

Congratulations!

DH and I are celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary as well on the Ruby in Jan. Wow this has me thinking.....

Christapie

Hi Cruzdiva,

The photos were absolutely beautiful! You both look stunning and still so in love. In this day and age of failing marriages, yours is a testament of good things.

Congratulations!

DH and I are celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary as well on the Ruby in Jan. Wow this has me thinking.....

Christapie

Christapie,

Oh my, thank you so much.

The vow renewal was a wonderful experience, I truly recommend it without reservation. Go for it.;)

Well I talked it over with my dh and we have decided to do it. I think we will pick the $205.00 package.

Crusdiva: Thanks for the link to your photos it was your photos I remember looking at before.

Christine

Christine,

That's wonderful, I know you will be delighted with the experience.

Congratulations.

Happy to help.:)

We did our renewal of vows on our 5th anniversary as we married later in life as well. We did it on a 10-day Panama Canal trip on the Coral Princess. I wore my wedding gown and DH wore his tux. Our mothers came along on the trip.

The ceremony was fabulous and the pictures turned out great. Even though we got the less expensive package, we were invited by the Captain to tour the bridge -- it was AWESOME!!

We're getting ready to celebrate our 10th anniversary in April. Fortunately both of our mothers are still alive, but not travelling as much. I'm so glad we did it at the 5 year mark.

Princess doesn't care if you've been married 1 year, 5 or 30. They'll do the ceremony and it will be wonderful.

BTW -- my younger sister had a renewal of vows on the Diamond Princess for her 25th. We were able to have the whole family (including their children) at that one. Worth EVERY penny!

I'm going to fax the form into Princess on Tuesday once I'm back in my office as I'm off tomorrow can someone tell what happens next. Do we just wait until we get on board to find out or what? Does it show up on our cruise personalizer? Sorry I now have more questions.

Christine

I'm going to fax the form into Princess on Tuesday once I'm back in my office as I'm off tomorrow can someone tell what happens next. Do we just wait until we get on board to find out or what? Does it show up on our cruise personalizer? Sorry I now have more questions. Christine

You will receive a letter from the Purser's office upon embarkation or shortly thereafter. Someone will contact you to discuss the day, time, special requests, etc. for your vow renewal. No need to be concerned about anything until you're onboard - someone on the staff will take care of all the details :)

I think you and your husband will be very pleased with this wonderfully romantic opportunity offered by Princess. Best wishes!

Chris

Cruisedvia, many thanks for sharing your photos, you were 'a beautiful bride'

and I wish you and your DH many more happy and healthy years together.

My DH and I are doing what we hope to be the trip of a lifetime Sydney to Bangkok onboard the Diamond and will also be celebrating 35 years of marraige. We have spoken about renewing our vows whilst on board, but on reading the Princess web site info it states that renewal ceremonies are group ceremonies....have I read this wrong, I feel this should be a private thing , shared with friends and family. I wouldn't like it to be a group renewal and hope that I have read the wrong thing.

Perhaps you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful photos.

Happycruzer

My DH and I are doing what we hope to be the trip of a lifetime Sydney to Bangkok onboard the Diamond and will also be celebrating 35 years of marraige. We have spoken about renewing our vows whilst on board, but on reading the Princess web site info it states that renewal ceremonies are group ceremonies....have I read this wrong, I feel this should be a private thing , shared with friends and family. I wouldn't like it to be a group renewal and hope that I have read the wrong thing.

Happycruzer

Hi,

Thank you for you kind thoughts, wishes and words.

That is the trip of a lifetime. Congratulations on your 35 years together.

No need to worry, the renewal is private. :)

It will be just you and DH and anyone you wish to invite to share the moment with you. There will be 4 or 5 other renewals scheduled as they are done on sea days when the Captain is available. But you'll probably never see another couple as they really do strive to make each ceremony very personal and private. We intended on having the ceremony just the two of use but we ended up inviting a dozen or so people that we met on the cruise and it was really cool. One couple even agreed to act as witnesses.

We laughingly said that this "wedding" was the one where we got to invite exactly who we wanted to. ;)

It was an unforgettable experience that we cherish to this day. Do it.

We just returned today from our Caribbean Princess cruise to New England/Canada (review will come later in the week).

We purchased the $200 and change vow renewal package. It was held on our actual 10th anniversary on 10/10 (thankfully it was on a formal night). It was worth every single penny. The ceremony was short and beautiful. I didn't think I would cry but I sure did. The photographer was so nice and the captain was a gem. We toasted with a glass of champagne and some more pictures. The captain invited us to the Bridge (amazing) and we had a nice chat.

A couple of things... all the information states that you will recieve an orchid bouquet and boutonnière but when we got to the chapel they were made with white roses (Still quite beautiful and I didn't even mention it. I'm just letting you know in case someone may have to have orchids for some reason.)

Also, since it is usually done on formal night, take advantage of the photographers set up on the ship for more formal portraits. It will give you more of a selection to choose from.

All in all we had a WONDERFUL time and were even able to participate in the Chef's Table (only one was scheduled for our cruise and there were only 12 people participating). If you plan on trying to get an invitation, get on the ship as soon as possible and get to your cabin phone before you even look around. Don't bother going to the dining room, you'll be too late.

I'll be posting more about our cruise later in the week. We are exhausted from a long day at the airport.

In short, the vow renewal is PERFECT. Don't hesitate.

Thank you all so much for your advice.

Our cruise is 21 nights with lots of sea days, but I think there is only 3/4 formal nights. So hopefully we'll can fit it in without any problems.

You have all made it sound like a wonderful occasion which I am certain DH and I will treasure.

What fun I'm going to have now too in looking for a 'new wedding dress' ;) and like Cruisediva says...we can invite who WE want this time...Oh I am sooo looking forward to this now.

Thnak you all one again

Happycruzer

Happycruzer

The only time the renewal is a group ceremony is on Valentine's week cruises. There are just too many couples taking advantage of the romance of Valentines day for them to do private cermonies!

Lenore

Thanks for all the information, we will be booking this for our Western Med cruise on the Grand next May. We will have been married 20 years (second marriage for each of us) and I will have just finished what I hope is my treatment for Pancreatic cancer. We are really looking forward to this now.

We did our renewal of vows on our 5th anniversary as we married later in life as well. We did it on a 10-day Panama Canal trip on the Coral Princess. I wore my wedding gown and DH wore his tux. Our mothers came along on the trip.

BTW -- my younger sister had a renewal of vows on the Diamond Princess for her 25th. We were able to have the whole family (including their children) at that one. Worth EVERY penny!

Thanks Cindep for the info! Congrats to you (and your sister!!)!

I was wondering about the dress issue. I have something else that is suitable; however, it would be nice to wear my wedding dress again.

Have a great day!!

http://www.slide.com/r/dCWHUXo15T9YMFm--LdrA9ji42xkUqwM?

previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

Hi everyone

I have to jump in here to let you all know that this was the best thing we ever did.Princess really made you fell speciel . We had a small wedding so,this meant alot to us! Every thing that has been said on this thread about the vows is correct. You only know when your time, is when you board the ship. It's always on a fomal night.I did call Princess and made the arrangments.Not my ta. The flowers were the best.All in all we will never forget this wonderful time.It was worth 205 dollors. Muriel

Hey shetieLady

I'm glad you have everything all set.I'm sure you will love it. By the way,did you look at my slide show of the vows. Press on the link ok?

Also I looked at your profile and notice that your birthday month and year is the same as my daughters only shes on the 1st.We also had a sheltie for 17 years. I missed him so much no other could replace him !

Archived