Report - LAX Hotels (with free LAX shuttle) and things to do nearby - by CJW

Okay,

Asked a lot now on these boards...

Here are the Three hotels that I will personally recommend when your criteria are:

LAX Hotel (pre or post cruise)

Free shuttle to and from LAX to the hotel...

Restaurants and/or shopping (AKA things to do or see) within actual waking distance from the hotel itself...

So here you go with links to my detailed (pictured) reports....

• 2 weeks later...

I think I missed something. WHat hotels do you suggest for a one night post cruise night in LA. I would like somethng near LAX with free airport shuttle. My plans are to book an LA shore excursion which drops off at LAX, check into a hotel and relax until next day flight. Thanks for your help.

I think I missed something. WHat hotels do you suggest for a one night post cruise night in LA. I would like somethng near LAX with free airport shuttle. My plans are to book an LA shore excursion which drops off at LAX, check into a hotel and relax until next day flight. Thanks for your help.

LOL.:D

No problem, if you look on each of the posts there - I have a link with a full review and pictures of the Three hotels that I personally recommend for LAX area

Foghorn Inn

Radisson Westside

Hacienda

CLICK on the thread/link below each name of the hotel...

it always starts with http://boards.cruisecritic...

The reason is that most of the LAX hotels have nothing much around regarding food and things to do.

Those three have things to do and restaurants around...

What can you tell me about the Embassy Suites @ 9801 Airport Boulevard ?

It's not one of the airport hotels I recommend personally. Especially if you don't have a car. The only three I recommend for hotels with things in walking distance are the ones above.

Is there anything nearby within walking distance?

THanks.

A really "iffy" Burger King, and lots of corporate buildings.

It's not one of the airport hotels I recommend personally. Especially if you don't have a car. The only three I recommend for hotels with things in walking distance are the ones above.

A really "iffy" Burger King, and lots of corporate buildings.

Thanks.... I booked the Radisson. Asked for a 'quiet room away from the freeway'.

I love the diner across the street and the Howard Hughes shopping.

Looking forward to seeing southern Cal.

Thanks again!!

Thanks.... I booked the Radisson. Asked for a 'quiet room away from the freeway'.

I love the diner across the street and the Howard Hughes shopping.

Looking forward to seeing southern Cal.

Thanks again!!

Happy to hear it!

I'm glad to have been able to help.

Trust me when I tell you - there is much more in walking distance from the Radisson Westside than those Embassy Suites.

(And they have Sleep Number beds!)

As I said in the report above - Dinah's is an original LA diner institution.

And the Promenade at Howard Hughes center is filled with nice restaurants and shops. There's nothing anywhere near as nice at those hotels directly by the airport.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

CJW,

Just wanted to thank you for all the great info!!

Our stay at the Radisson was wonderful. We walked to the Promenade at Howard Hughes Center and ate dinner at the theater then did some shopping.

Shuttle was smooth and worry free. Got us to the airport quickly.

Thanks again!!

• 1 month later...

Thank You for the thoughtfull and detailed review of these hotels. We only have 6 or 7 hours on a Saturday to kill before our Cruise on Sunday and staying at an LAX hotel was not appealing. As I didn't want to drive, I wanted an area where there were some things to do and of course the free shuttle to/from LAX. This fits my needs exactly.

Definetly going to check out these out.

Thank You for the thoughtfull and detailed review of these hotels. We only have 6 or 7 hours on a Saturday to kill before our Cruise on Sunday and staying at an LAX hotel was not appealing. As I didn't want to drive, I wanted an area where there were some things to do and of course the free shuttle to/from LAX. This fits my needs exactly.

Definetly going to check out these out.

Maybe you should consider staying in San Pedro or Long Beach, rather than at LAX. The LAX hotels won't shuttle you over to the ports anyway. So if you get Supershuttle or another shuttle, or taxi, to a hotel near the port (LB for Carnival, SP for the other cruiselines), you can relax, eat nearby, and then have a leisurely Sunday morning until you go to the port.

Archived