Moomba Beach?

cruisecookie

Is Moomba Beach the name of a restaurant or the name of a beach club that rents chairs and umbrellas? We want to sit on the beach in front of or near the Marriott Ocean/Surf club. When we rent chairs in front of the Marriott do we need to pay an entrance fee as well? Do we need to pay an entrance fee at Moomba Beach? I'm a little confused. Please set me straight!

Is there an entrance fee to Moomba Beach?

There are no entrance fees allowed on any beach in Aruba. All of the beaches are public domain.

Moomba is an open air restaurant located on the beach between the Holiday Inn and the Surf Club.

After the restaurant was open for a few months, they also started renting lounge chairs on the beach, and making their restrooms available to the public.

Please note that Moomba is MUCH closer to the Holiday Inn than to the Surf club. Most people would not want to walk from Moomba to the Surf Club as the distance is long and the beach there is very rocky.

Please note that Moomba is MUCH closer to the Holiday Inn than to the Surf club. Most people would not want to walk from Moomba to the Surf Club as the distance is long and the beach there is very rocky.

Are we talking about the same place?

Below is a photo of the Holiday Inn (Curacao Tower) on far right and Surf Club on left. Basically a cluster of trees, between the SC's building set back from the beach and the Holiday Inn being MooMba. MooMba's chaise lounges in BRIGHT YELLOW can plainly be seen on the beach.

jollyo.jpg

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5775649&lon=-70.0446492&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

• 8 months later...
Are we talking about the same place?

Below is a photo of the Holiday Inn (Curacao Tower) on far right and Surf Club on left. Basically a cluster of trees, between the SC's building set back from the beach and the Holiday Inn being MooMba. MooMba's chaise lounges in BRIGHT YELLOW can plainly be seen on the beach.

jollyo.jpg

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5775649&lon=-70.0446492&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

Is that some kind of tour boat in that picture? Just curious. I've never seen a boat like that before, it looks like a barge with seats on it. I love your picture of the beach too.

Kathy

Thank you. That is actually a photo of the "I don't know what kind of boat to call it" that the Jolly Pirates uses to ferry passengers from the beach out to their ship itself and vice versa. This was taken at the end of our sail.

ahoy!

hope you don't mind my 2cents!

-The red barge/boat in the photo is the former shuttle boat - formerly used to shuttle guests from MooMba Beach to the Jolly Pirates ships. Nowadays guests board right from the pier.

-The yellow lounge chairs at MooMba Beach can be used- FREE of charge :0

-No entrance fee at MooMba

-MooMba is a very short distance from the Holiday Inn and the Marriott Resorts- easy - peasy walk

-The closest bus stop to MooMba is at Holiday Inn

http://moombabeach.com/component/

Have Fun!

Lisa, I noticed in you picture of MooMba, that there are not a lot of "volleyball" courts. When we were there in 2007 there seemed to be limited beach space because of these courts. Did we just happen to be there during some kind of tournament or are these courts a permanent fixture?

The reason I ask is that I am torn between Itito and MooMba. What do you think?

PE

Edit.....Please feel free to chime in Jolly Pirates. I am assuming you have something to do with MooMba?

only because the net is right outside my door! gaaa!

The net was moved back towards the parking area-

actually just between the back of the restaurant/pool table

and the parking lot.

The net is now used for a popular beach tennis games.

The beach is wide open for lounge lizards :)

Both are nice! I will leave arubalisa to give her comparisons-

just wanted to clarify that I am not working for MooMba- :0

I rent a shop from MooMba- that's where we do our check ins.

Happy to answer the nitty - grittys - as I am "on the spot" you cld say.

Have a great time!

Does MooMba charge for beach chairs? Do they have bar servers that do chair service on the beach? Do they have umbrellas available to rent?

The last time we were there we were supposed to go out on the Jolly Pirate ship but were rained out. We hung out at MooMba, but most of the beach was taken up with multiple beach tennis courts and we had to sit way off to the side away from the bar. It was still a nice day.

PE

Does MooMba charge for beach chairs? Do they have bar servers that do chair service on the beach? Do they have umbrellas available to rent?

The last time we were there we were supposed to go out on the Jolly Pirate ship but were rained out. We hung out at MooMba' date=' but most of the beach was taken up with multiple beach tennis courts and we had to sit way off to the side away from the bar. It was still a nice day.

PE[/color']

-MooMba does not charge for (yellow) chairs -

-Ahere is a vendor beside MooMba who rents umbrellas

-Servers will come to chairs if you ask

Sounds like you were last here during a beach tennis tournament-

Sorry you got rained out!

If you have any other Q-s for me - just shout!

The building just to the left of Moomba beach (the yellowish one) also rents covered loungers for $20. It is the Hadicurari Restaurant They have good food for lunch. We spent the day there and enjoyed it. They will come to your lounger to take drink orders. Either place will give you easy access to all the beach fun vendors up and down the beach (Para sailing, Jolly Pirates, tube riding, etc...). Don't underestimate the need for cover. The sun can be wonderfully intense.

• 2 weeks later...

We will head down to MooMba Beach -We will only be in Aruba for one day...but from 8am -8pm...Lots of time...we have been to Aruba several times. Always enjoyed it. We are divers. So we will dive early that morning...back to the ship about 1 ish. Then eat a little lunch and head to the beach at MooMba's. I think this will be a great place to have drinks and sun a little. We are looking forward to it...

All the Best!

• 2 weeks later...
-MooMba does not charge for (yellow) chairs -

-Ahere is a vendor beside MooMba who rents umbrellas

-Servers will come to chairs if you ask

Sounds like you were last here during a beach tennis tournament-

Sorry you got rained out!

If you have any other Q-s for me - just shout!

Jolly Pirates:

Last year in March after we went on your excursion the MooMba vendor did charge us for using the chairs.

Jolly Pirates:

Last year in March after we went on your excursion the MooMba vendor did charge us for using the chairs.

MooMba's yellow chairs are complimentary.

Just beside - there is a vendor with white chairs and umbrellas - who charges.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived