Possible CC Group Cruise in June 2010, Who's Interested?

dsb9938

What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.

Okay, I'm taking the plunge.

CCL has announced a new itinerary round trip from/to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. It's not listed on their site yet, but I called about booking it and it's already available through September 2010.

I will be going on this cruise either way, and will probably book next week (payday). I'm wondering how many of you great folks might be interested in joining me for this great trip. It would be great to save some hard earned money by making it a group booking.

The thing that always made me hesitate to take an Alaskan cruise was it not being round trip and having to make special flight arrangements. Since this is round trip, and is from a US port, it makes things much simpler.

If a decent number of people are interested I will call my PVP and get the complete itinerary and post it here. The cruise runs weekly from Tuesday to Tuesday so there are 52 options here, but I figured June would be best.

Please let me know what you all think.

Thank, and looking forward to a great adventure in Alaska,

Dennis

Okay, I'm taking the plunge.

CCL has announced a new itinerary round trip from/to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. It's not listed on their site yet, but I called about booking it and it's already available through September 2010.

I will be going on this cruise either way, and will probably book next week (payday). I'm wondering how many of you great folks might be interested in joining me for this great trip. It would be great to save some hard earned money by making it a group booking.

The thing that always made me hesitate to take an Alaskan cruise was it not being round trip and having to make special flight arrangements. Since this is round trip, and is from a US port, it makes things much simpler.

If a decent number of people are interested I will call my PVP and get the complete itinerary and post it here. The cruise runs weekly from Tuesday to Tuesday so there are 52 options here, but I figured June would be best.

Please let me know what you all think.

Thank, and looking forward to a great adventure in Alaska,

Dennis

I am very interested. Thanks for the information.

Called and got the itinerary from my PVP,

Alaska Itinerary:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart

TUE SEATTLE, WA 4:00 PM

WED FUN DAY AT SEA

THU CRUISE TRACY ARM FJORD

FRI SKAGWAY, AK 7:00 AM 9:00 PM

SAT JUNEAU, AK 7:00 AM 3:00 PM

SUN KETCHIKAN, AK 7:00 AM 1:00 PM

MON VICTORIA, BC, CANADA 7:30 PM

TUE VICTORIA, BC, CANADA 12:00 AM

TUE SEATTLE, WA 7:00 AM

Dennis

The week is really up for grabs, I'm happy with any time in June or July.

I did price a Cat 11 for the July 13th cruise, just to see, and my military rate ($40 higher than Early Saver) was $2109. But that's a suite, and not at group prices.

So if we can get 6 more cabins worth of interested folks (I believe you have to reserve at least 10) we can check into the group pricing.

Thanks for the interest.

Dennis

Port Details:

SKAGWAY, AK: http://www.carnival.com/Port_Of_Call.aspx?portCode=SKY&itinCode=GB8&embkCode=YVR&durDays=7

JUNEAU, AK: http://www.carnival.com/Port_Of_Call.aspx?portCode=JNU&itinCode=GB8&embkCode=YVR&durDays=7

KETCHIKAN, AK: http://www.carnival.com/Port_Of_Call.aspx?portCode=KTN&itinCode=GB8&embkCode=YVR&durDays=7

VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA: http://www.carnival.com/Port_Of_Call.aspx?portCode=YVR&itinCode=GLE&embkCode=YVR&durDays=7

These include average temps and Shore Excusions for each stop.

Please note, the Tracy Arm Fjord is new and not on any current cruises so I couldn't get a link to it.

Hope this helps you get some idea of what's in store.

Dennis

We need 10 cabins worth of interest to get prices, but I think you put us at 5 now, and I just found somebody else on another thread who will be joining us, so that makes 6.

It runs every single week, there are lots of choices, but I figured we could push a fixed date until we had enough folks to make it worth while.

Dennis

Okay, I know I posted the links to the different ports, but I finally just got to look at them.

I didn't realize there were like four pages of excursions for each stop. I don't think I've seen that many anywhere else before.

Have any of you actually been to Alaska before, or is this going to be a first trip for everybody?

Dennis

Has anybody seen the Alaska TourSaver coupon book?

http://www.toursaver.com/

I'm thinking we could figure out what things each of us can use and maybe buy them as a group.

Looks like lots of 2-for-1 items that may make the purchase of the book worthwhile.

And yes, I AM excited about this, so I'll be looking for as many goodies as I can.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I had posted on another thread. I have already contacted Cruise critic and she is looking into group prices for me. But it was for the maiden trip, she said May had much better prices then summer. Don't know how everyone feels about that. I could not do June but possibly July. I have not been to Alaska before but I am really looking forward to it. If we do it as a Cruise Critic tour then we have to use their agent. I am waiting to see who that is and what deals they can give us.

I am Annette and am in VA, nice to meet you.

Before you get to far, if you would like this to be a Cruise Critic group cruise, you need to e-mail Laura, she will get the pricing and info. together for you, she works with a agent by the name of Johna, so sent Laura an e-mail.

I did Alaska a few years back, I loved it... It is some times hard to do a group to Alaska, best of luck.:)

I just spoke to Johnha who is the TA for these.

She said we need to pick a date, or narrow it to like two before we can get exact rates and goodies.

I'm good with any time that's in the warmer months, but let me see if I can do a poll on this thread with dates, and see where we come out.

And PS - I was wrong, we only need 8 cabins, of any Cat, to qualify for group rates.

Before you get to far, if you would like this to be a Cruise Critic group cruise, you need to e-mail Laura, she will get the pricing and info. together for you, she works with a agent by the name of Johna, so sent Laura an e-mail.

Already on it, LOL, we must have posted at the same time.

But thanks!

I just spoke to Johnha who is the TA for these.

She said we need to pick a date, or narrow it to like two before we can get exact rates and goodies.

I'm good with any time that's in the warmenr months, but let me see if I can do a poll on this thread with dates, and see where we come out.

And PS - I was wrong, we only need 8 cabins, of any Cat, to qualify for group rates.

Did you let Johna know it was going to be a Cruise Critic group?

Yes I did. Thanks so much. Any other tid bits are always welcome.

I added a poll to this thread. Please select what months will work for you. Once we have a month nailed down, we can nail down a specific week.

Thanks

Dennis

I might to interest in it too need price for one person and the date?

Vote in the poll at the top of the thread for the months you can go.

Once we get that settled we can decide the week, then I can get prices.

Come on people, we need 8 cabins and a date!

Surely out of all the people who come here there are enough to do that?

This is a chance to do Alaska round trip, no double air plans.

And it's a year and a half away, plenty of time to cancel if you need to.

Dennis

we may be interested in a cabin depending on date and price. June or July works for us and it can't be the first week of the month. The lack of response may be do to another person putting a group cruise together in sept 2010.

Hubby and I were just discussing taking an Alaskan cruise next June. Only thing is it can't be the 1st week in June (have to wait til kids are out of school). Depending upon when in June or July we'd be interested. Let me know.

Archived