Half Moon Cay questions

bleuiz

Hubby actually has questions! ;)

He asked me to post these........

If we rent a cabana, how long is it for? How much does it cost?

If we rent a clamshell, is that basically for sun protection? How much is that and how long is it for?

If we rent a clamshell, is there a place to get refreshments?

Thanks.........

I recall someone posting the cabanas are $225 for the day. You can have them until the next ship arrives, but that means your ship has left you. Same thing for the clamshells, no idea on the price.

Cabanas can only be reserved once you board the ship.

If we rent a clamshell, is that basically for sun protection? How much is that and how long is it for?

Thanks.........

$225 for the day for up to four people. Extras are $35, I think

Never messed with the clamshells

There are wait people up and down the beach to serve you beverages. Not free, of course.

We think a cabana is well worth the cost!

I think the clamshells were less than $20 when we were there in December. They really are only for protection from the sun, but well worth the price.

Refreshments will be available all day long no matter where you are. There will be servers all over the place to bring you whatever drink you desire.

Thanks.........

You have the cabana for the day. It is $225 for the first four people. After that, it's $50 pp for each extra person.

With the cabana, you get fruit, veggies, dips, chips, soda, water, floatie mats and snorkel gear. The crew serves hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, etc from around 11:30-1:30. There is no charge for it. You can buy sodas/drinks, just like on the ship, using your S&S.

The clamshells are for sun protection, but I don't know how much they are. They are yours for the day. You can probably found out the price if you got to Carnival.com and check out the shore excursions.

I think the clamshells were less than $20 when we were there in December. They really are only for protection from the sun, but well worth the price.

Refreshments will be available all day long no matter where you are. There will be servers all over the place to bring you whatever drink you desire.

If we do go with a clamshell (sounds almost like a beach umbrella)....is there restaurants or somewhere to buy food?

Are there towels available for rent at the beach? I hate to try and take towels off the ship..then bring them back sandy,wet and dirty. What a hassle..

I am assuming with the clamshells you wil lay the towel down first and then the clamshell will go over that?? Or are there mats that you can rent to lay on and put the clamshell over?

Thanks,

Carla

If we do go with a clamshell (sounds almost like a beach umbrella)....is there restaurants or somewhere to buy food?

tenders run all day.

No need to buy food on the island, there is a huge buffet spread set up for lunch.

The food at the buffet is free

All included that is with half Moon Cay

Only thing you pay for is soda , water or liquor :D

The buffet area is behind the cabanas and everyone ashore is invited

Are there towels available for rent at the beach? I hate to try and take towels off the ship..then bring them back sandy' date='wet and dirty. What a hassle..

I am assuming with the clamshells you wil lay the towel down first and then the clamshell will go over that?? Or are there mats that you can rent to lay on and put the clamshell over?

Thanks,

Carla[/quote']

No towels for rent. People bring their beach towels from the ship.

There are loungers (free) for your use. Two will fit inside the clam shell.

Do they have floaties/mats to take in the water or do you have to rent those?

According to the Shore Excursions on Carnival's website, you rent them.

Unless you rent a cabana, then they come with the cabana.

I think the buffet is only open from 11-1. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. I have never been.:)

It may vary from sailing to sailing, but I'm pretty sure it was 11:30 - 1:30 when I was there.

But that's the general time.

There was also an ice cream hut. I don't know what all they had or the prices. It's at the port area when you get off the tender.

We were at HMC on Tuesday. It was beautiful beyond words. We also rented a cabana, which was our reason for getting on the ship promptly at 12noon. That said, it looked like some went unrented. They were $225/day all day, and were really nice because I got a little too much sun the day before. We had the peach one. When we arrived, there were snacks and some drinks for us, snorkel gear, towels, and beach mats. They were really nice to have and lay out on. The water is crystal clear and about 3" deep out to about 70 feet. (I think that's how far I walked out.) It was a little cool at first, but I got used to it.

I would NOT do the stingray excursion, as they looked kind of scary, missing tails and their skin looked bad. Also, the service for drinks was way below par for carnival. Many times, we had to track down a server to get a drink.

There are a lot of chickens on the island. Seemed like there were more when we arrived than there were after lunch (J/K). Lunch was a little BBQ that was simple, yet nice.

We got off the ship about 8-830 and there was nobody on the beach. By noon, it was packed!!!! Still plenty of places to play or swim. I took a nap in the hammock next to the cabana.

I think the peach cabana (#7) was located nicely. It had a tree to the side with the hammock, so you could have full sun or shade, depending on where you sat. The next one over (#8) had more trees and hammocks. All of them were nice, though. I would do it again.

We had 6 in our party, but had people we met on the ship come up and hang out for a little while. I believe it you pay for the additional people you get more soda, water, and snacks. For the price, it was not worth it.

Archived