Market - Hours? Pushy vendors? Is it safe? Enough to do on foot?

Violet May traveler

Errrr, yes, ......well .......ummm .....sorry about that.:o

But we only stay for about an hour.:)

Cheers:D

John Bull

Ah John you know I'm only joshing :D you have to lime with a rum and some good vibes mon, when in Grenada. Now if there music were horrendous then it may be an issue but it's fun music and always a laugh watching some get totally legless for the trip back. ;)

and always a laugh watching some get totally legless for the trip back. ;)

Oh dear. You saw me then :D

Not my fault. Had partaken of some seriously watered-down punch in the previous couple of days. But Rhum Runner doesn't mess :D

cheers, John Bull

Oh dear. You saw me then :D

Not my fault. Had partaken of some seriously watered-down punch in the previous couple of days. But Rhum Runner doesn't mess :D

cheers, John Bull

Yeah - We don' mess with de rum an our limin' in dis island mon!!:cool:

I've heard the Rhum Runner has a special recipe (probably some nutmeg in there somewhere) even the locals I know say it is great.

I have been to Grenada a few times and last January wandered through the shops at the market. There is a lot of same-old in most of the booths but a few gems. I only had a few dollars with me and no credit cards were taken. I have a small head and can never find a well-made straw hat that fits me. In this market, I could have bought a crushable straw hat that fit me perfectly for a very reasonable price, think almost Panama. The lesson is to BRING MORE CASH. This will hopefully be my Christmas present to myself when we port this winter.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool cruiser ... This is the first reply I have ever written. I wish to say you have provided a wonderful, well written piece re. Grenada. I love that you are sensitive to the island people. Thank you for sharing. We will be there this month. English Lady.

Archived