Tipping carnival vendors

RBattle

Past Brides.. Can you please tell me how much you tipped Officiant, Wedding Coordinators, Videographer, Photographer, Bartender, and Servers???? Did I miss anyone??? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I'm getting married this Sunday and I'm trying to get the last minute things done.

Past Brides.. Can you please tell me how much you tipped Officiant, Wedding Coordinators, Videographer, Photographer, Bartender, and Servers???? Did I miss anyone??? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I'm getting married this Sunday and I'm trying to get the last minute things done.

Officiant, 2 Wedding Coordintors from Vendor, Carnival Ship Coordinator $25.

Videograpy (missed him), but I would have given him $40

Photograpyer $100 - 10% of $$ spent on pics

waitstaff/bartender during reception $15 each or someone had a good idea of putting money in one envelope for them to split.

DJ $25

congrats!!!!

PS. My advice, put the cash in envelopes and have someone responsible for giving them out.

At first we tipped him a normal amount but we were so pleased with all of the hard work that he did that we tipped him a couple hundred after we meet to go over the photos, he did so much extra work and they do it all so quickly that I think they deserve a tip.

At first we tipped him a normal amount but we were so pleased with all of the hard work that he did that we tipped him a couple hundred after we meet to go over the photos, he did so much extra work and they do it all so quickly that I think they deserve a tip.

I agree. They really do a wonderful job and provide a great end result. Our photographer was so nice. I definitely recommend tipping your photographer.

So is there anything else I should consider when budgetting besides the tipping??

I have all of my budget planned out but didn't have tips in there...so I am so glad I checked this forum!!

I mean I have the package - extra guests - photos - attire etc...

So is there anything else I should consider when budgetting besides the tipping??

I have all of my budget planned out but didn't have tips in there...so I am so glad I checked this forum!!

I mean I have the package - extra guests - photos - attire etc...

Have you included transportation?

My fiancee's mother lives only 15 min from the cruise terminal...so we are riding together to the wedding and she will pick us up when we return from the cruise.

I did budget for a few hotel rooms by her house b/c not everyone will be able to sleep there. And after reading this forum - being on time is very important so the closer I can get people to the cruise terminal the better :)

• 4 months later...
Officiant, 2 Wedding Coordintors from Vendor, Carnival Ship Coordinator $25.

Videograpy (missed him), but I would have given him $40

Photograpyer $100 - 10% of $$ spent on pics

waitstaff/bartender during reception $15 each or someone had a good idea of putting money in one envelope for them to split.

DJ $25

congrats!!!!

PS. My advice, put the cash in envelopes and have someone responsible for giving them out.

How do you know how many Wedding Coordinators you will have and also how many waitstaff? I like your idea of having the envelopes ready ahead of time so I'm just trying not to miss anyone.

I had no idea we were supposed to tip all these people. I am a great tipper normally (used to be a server). I just didn't know. I assumed bar tenders and wait staff. But does everyone tip officiant, wedding planner, and photographers. I thought that was included in their pay check. I need a list of who to tip. I would hate to offend anyone.

How do you know how many Wedding Coordinators you will have and also how many waitstaff? I like your idea of having the envelopes ready ahead of time so I'm just trying not to miss anyone.

It depends on your number of guest. For instance, Carnival assigns one WC per 50 guests. If you have 52 you get two, 102 you get three. You are only assigned one ship coordinator regardless of the number though.

You won't know how many waitstaff before hand. I gave my best man our labeled envelopes with alittle extra cash to divide as he seen fit.

I had no idea we were supposed to tip all these people. I am a great tipper normally (used to be a server). I just didn't know. I assumed bar tenders and wait staff. But does everyone tip officiant, wedding planner, and photographers. I thought that was included in their pay check. I need a list of who to tip. I would hate to offend anyone.

As with all people in the service industry, tips are were they make their money. I personally only remember one bride not tipping her officiant or photographer..and it was mostly because she didn't felt she got good service.

My tip list consists of:

2 WC's

1 Ship Coordinator

1 Officiant

1 DJ

3 Waitstaff (if I remember right)

1 Bartenders (Again, if I remember right)

1 Photographer

1 Videographer

Ok, I know this question might sound stupid, but I clearly don't know enough about tipping in this situation. When do you give all these people the tips? I assume most get an envelope after the reception. But what about photographer and videographer. And does someone just walk up to each person at the end and say thank you with an envelope? Will the officiant still be around? I just really want to do what is right, but after reading this realize I wasn't prepared. Don't want to do something wrong.

By the way... thank you for the specific list. That helped alot :)

Ok, I know this question might sound stupid, but I clearly don't know enough about tipping in this situation. When do you give all these people the tips? I assume most get an envelope after the reception. But what about photographer and videographer. And does someone just walk up to each person at the end and say thank you with an envelope? Will the officiant still be around? I just really want to do what is right, but after reading this realize I wasn't prepared. Don't want to do something wrong.

By the way... thank you for the specific list. That helped alot :)

A few minutes before our reception ended our best man started passing everyones envelope out along with a handshake. (Yes, walk-up & give thanks) He gave our officiant his envelope when he came to the reception to get & sign the marriage license, so you will see him again at some point after the ceremony. The photographer and videographer got their tips once we received our pictures & video. The photographer & videographer will meet with you sometime during your cruise to select your package and to review your video. Once we selected our photo package and reviewed our video (no editing needed) we tipped them both.

Archived