Computer questions

rlujhf

As I recall, the price is about 70 cents per minute, but these are euro cents, which puts the price at about 90 US dollar cents per minute. I believe they have packages that can bring the price down 20% or 30% or so, but the worst part is the very very slow connection speed. It generally is worse than dial-up connection speed. Many times my charges reached 3 or 4 euros before I was even connected to my email server (Yahoo). Sometimes, it is impossible to get connected to the internet at all. Unless money is no object, it is prohibitively expensive to surf the net, and the only thing most people do is check emails and write short replies. And yes, there is a printer that can be used, but I don't know the related cost, if any.

If you want to spend any serious time on the internet, it is much cheaper to use an internet cafe in port. The cost is usually only a few dollars per hour, and the connection speed is generally equal to DSL or cable. With this connection speed, you can get quite a bit accomplished in a short period of time and not burn up too much shore time.

Hi rlujhf

I agree with j2ink. It is the most expensive Internet access you will ever get. It is slow - therefore costs you while you wait and if you are unlucky to get cut off before your page opens - you still get charged. We kept going up to the desk to get our money back - just because it's a couple of Euro's you lose when you don't get a connection - don't leave it at that. It mounts up for them if everyone leaves it. Use the shore internet cafes - it's local currency and not expensive - you can get an hour for what it would cost for a thirty second block on the ship. It is 5.00euro's a minute. When we lost connection after 30 seconds - it had cost us 2.00 euro. That happend three times. I have my invoice right in front of me - three disconnections - 2.00 euro each - one connection for 1 minute 5.00 euro.

have a good trip

regards

Archived