Ft.L (not airport) to PoM by Greyhound?

Doug0

First time poster. I know "how to get from FLL to MIA" is a popular topic, but haven't seen this addressed directly...

We're on the 9-day Norwegian Spirit leaving Port of Miami Friday evening March 4. Flying into FLL late Thursday evening and staying just south of airport in Hollywood. On the map, it looks like our motel is only a mile from the Hollywod Greyhound station, and the Miami downtown station is only a mile from the foot of the port.

Has anyone ever taken Greyhound to downtown Miami to transfer to the Port and can tell us about taxi availability and fares?

I wouldn't go that route. Both areas leave a lot to be desired, you would probably stand out like a sore thumb, just asking for trouble. How many in your party? I may have some alternative ideas for you.

I wouldn't go that route. Both areas leave a lot to be desired, you would probably stand out like a sore thumb, just asking for trouble.

I know that part of Miami is kind of industrial; but the Hollywood Greyhound station is on Young circle in what appears to be a nice neighborhood.

How many in your party? I may have some alternative ideas for you.

We're a couple 40s-50s with two full-size suitcases and a smaller one for toiletries and boo^H^H^H shoes.

We've looked at several alternatives, including: taxiing back to FLL to catch the cruise line's shuttle; using Tri-Rail (this is our back-up in case we miss the Greyhound).

Our flight arrives FLL about 12:30 am, so we expect to be in bed something like 1:30-2. Posters on other boards have said this ship starts boarding about 12-1 although it doesn't leave until 7. So we'd like to get to the ship quickly but cost-effectively, although we theoretically have all day to overcome delays.

Archived