Demographics

biksgirl

Thanks Megnolia :) It so happens I am from the GTA (live in Oakville) and we've also lived in Manhattan, so I'm so used to diversity...but it won't really bother me if we're the only non-American, non-white people on board...I was just curious (more for my parents sake who are going with us) and you did understand me ;)

FYI: we'll be on the Dream, leaving from Port Canaveral.

On Carnival their is always a nice mixture of different people. I'm a 40 year old black female and met so many people from all over the world (non crew) on ships. On my 2006 Miracle sailing we had a Muslim family that when we were in Costa Maya, the wife had the full covering swimwear. She was on the jetskis having a blast with her husband.

I recalled at table of Indians where the women wore the most beautiful saris on this sailings.

On the way to the ship, I was sharing the rental car shuttle with a couple from New Zeland

On my recent sailing, there was a guy with an amputate right leg, he was enjoying himself on the ship and shore like everyone else.

You will see old,young,black,white,asian, people in wheelchairs, canes,etc.

I will say on the shorter cruises, you will have fewer international. On the seven day or longer, expect more.

I will say this about Canadians, you are a great bunch to sail with and love to hear the "Eh" when talking!!

I'll start off by saying I'm new here, so not sure if this is an ok topic here...don't really know how sensitive people are about this stuff, so admins, if it's not cool...feel free to delete as I don't want to offend anyone.

I'm curious as to the demographics of the passangers on most of Carnival cruises. I know that the crew are from all over the world, but I'd love to know about the passangers. Are the majority American? What cultural backgrounds are most people? What's the majority age group.

my background: Never been on a Carnival cruise, Born and raised in Canada, with East Indian parents..36 years old (tomorrow :) )

I'm new to the forum and first time on a cruise. My background is East Indian. I was born and raised in England moved to Vancouver. My Wife, Son (9) and myself (39) will be on the Dream 12/12/09. My Sister and her family will be joining us from England, six of them in total. We will meet them in Orlando on the 11th and head out to the cruise on the 12th back on the 19th. Then we will be heading to Disney World for 6 nights. So if your on the 12/12/09 cruise there will be at least another 9 East Indians. But there again I don't have too many East Indian friends lol.:D

Archived