10/4 Dawn to Bermuda with 1yo- help!

Diabloshalo

Haven't booked yet. Hoping to get it done this week. We will be traveling with our 1yo daughter. We took this same cruise early last year but for some reason- I did not stake out kids stuff.

My 1yo is not allowed in any of the play areas, pools, etc. I'm debating going on the RCCL cruise out of Baltimore bc it seems soooo much more kid friendly.

We plan to sightsee in the mornings and hit snorkel park in the afternoon. Our inlaws are coming so they may babysit one afternoon and one/two nights for us.

IS there anything to do w/infants on the Dawn?

Does anyone recommend (or not) the Dawn?

I'm starting another thread about room size- and how we are going to fit in one room!

Thanks!

We sailed with our 15-month-old grandson on the Dawn in May, a week after he started walking.

There is an unstaffed room called the Under Two Zoo, far from the T-Rex area, but near the Spinnaker Lounge on Deck 12. It is a spare meeting room with comfortable chairs for adults and stocked with scads of toys of toddlers. We used it regularly and had it to ourselves, except for one inclement day.

We also took along a 3-foot toy pool, which was about $5 at Target, and placed that outside the T-Rex pool area on 12. There are lounges for adults there on the aft deck, and there is a plexiglas wall separating you from the actual T-Rex area.

At that age, those activities were more than enough to keep our grandson content.

Let me add that the restaurant staff could not have been more attentive to him. Our servers or others would constantly stop to play with him.

For an older child, I see where RCCL might be a better choice. However, for a really young child, the Dawn seems perfectly fine.

Thanks! Knowing they have that play room makes all the difference! I'm now a bit more comfortable booking the Dawn.

About the pool... I'm assuming it was inflateable? Did you bring hand pump or blow it up yourself? Did staff give you a hard time about using it? Did you fill it up with TRex pool water? How did you empty it? Did they let you leave it there or have to take/bring back daily?

Sorry for all the questions but that is a GREAT idea and I want to be sure I don't mess it up! :)

Archived