Has anyone got some ideas? NEED HELP!

craftycousins

Our final payment was due for our NOV 30 Poesia cruise on the 1st of September, I supplied my card details to my TA in the USA (we are from Australia)

We are now being told that we need a US address to accept the payment, which is quite ridiculous as they were happy to accept our deposit in the first place!

It has been hard to contact our TA due to the time differences and I am starting to get really stressed that our cabin will be sold to someone else. We planned a 5 week trip with our two kids and grandparents around the USA based around the date of this cruise so I am not happy at the moment :mad:

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Our final payment was due for our NOV 30 Poesia cruise on the 1st of September, I supplied my card details to my TA in the USA (we are from Australia)

We are now being told that we need a US address to accept the payment, which is quite ridiculous as they were happy to accept our deposit in the first place!

It has been hard to contact our TA due to the time differences and I am starting to get really stressed that our cabin will be sold to someone else. We planned a 5 week trip with our two kids and grandparents around the USA based around the date of this cruise so I am not happy at the moment :mad:

A great way of getting money to the USA is by Paypal and it will probably have a better exchange rate than your CC.

I think the best think you can do is trying to pay in another way, by bank for example. But I'm sorry to say, I don't know what to do. But as I think about doing the same(booking in the US while I live elsewhere), please keep me updated! And if you are really desperate, contact MSC in your own country and ask them what to do, and they may have a solution.

I can't think of anything else other what others have suggested - to pay by paypal (you could still use your credit card to fund the paypal account) or do an electronic transfer. Other than that try MSC to see what they can suggest.

Good luck in getting this resolved.

Thanks everyone for you posts, but just wanted to let you know that everything has been sorted, we stayed up late into the night to ring the TA who had spoken with a supervisor at MSC and apparently it was all because I was trying to pay with an AMEX.

Amex cards in the US end with three zeros where ours in Australia do not, so they were wanting a US address to be able to use the credit card. So just a silly mix up but finally sorted out

So a tip to those who live outside the US don't try and pay with an AMEX, except now I miss out on all those frequent flyer points :(

Luckily we have two credit cards so we paid with a VISA and just received our e-tickets so I am very excited now! :D

give the address of the hotel you will be using in Ft. Lauderdale

Does MSC issue e-tickets? We've made final payment, but haven't been notified of e-tickets.

I've always received actual tickets - more recently a customised booklet that has all flight, cruise and other conditions in it, deck plans and tear off personalised luggage labels at the back. before that it was a wallet with a general booklet on the ship, a print out of an eticket for flights and paper copies for everything else. the earliest I've ever receieved them was just under 4 weeks prior to departure and the latest one week before departure.

The only reason our TA arranged our tickets so early is we will be on holiday from November 11th some three weeks prior to sailing so she wanted to make sure we could print and take them with us, so I wouldn't worry.

I have always received E-tickets maybe because we are in Australia and book with a US travel agent they never want to post them to us!

Thanks Aromondo, that e-ticket thing had me a little worried. I was going to post a message/question for you about the registration on-line on the MSC web-site. We don't leave for a two months. Should we wait a while?

I usually just wait until I get my tickets to do the online check in. I don't think there is any benefit in doing it early but if you want to do it now, well why not

• 2 weeks later...

Archived