phone charger

ducky26

We are needing to bring our mobile phone charger - does anyone know what electrical adapters are needed on the diamond princess?

The cabins have USA and European style outlets, if you are unsure, then bring the usual selection, like I do, this way I can plug in all the chargers for the phone and the camcorder and digital camera at the same time in the different outlets.

We are needing to bring our mobile phone charger - does anyone know what electrical adapters are needed on the diamond princess?

Check your charger has INPUT AC 100-240V/50-60 Hz written on it. It probably will. If so, you'll only need a US power point adaptor. Not expensive and available from heaps of outlets. Apparently behind the bed there is a 240v UK outlet (can't confirm or deny that yet).

Check your charger has INPUT AC 100-240V/50-60 Hz written on it. It probably will. If so, you'll only need a US power point adaptor. Not expensive and available from heaps of outlets. Apparently behind the bed there is a 240v UK outlet (can't confirm or deny that yet).

This something that I also just learned a year or so ago. Almost ALL chargers work in all power voltages. However, your plug may not! So, like others have said, make sure that you have an adaptor.

Voltage isnt a problem most chargers taske 110-240 volts...its an adapter thats needed...

Take AU to US and AU to UK adaptors and you should be ok.

Just checked Nokia and Sony chargers and both have wide input voltage tolerance (100-240 volts / 50-60 Hz), so does my camera charger:)

A month ago I bought a Kodak Zx1 camcorder (size of a cellphone!) from the US and it came with a 120 Volt ONLY charger. Luckily, it uses standard AA batteries so our other chargers (120-240) do the job for us.

We take a six-socket USA power strip with surge protect aboard with us, so there will be enough sockets for everything we might need on the ship. DW rents a scooter for use on the ship, and it needs to recharge overnight, her curling iron is 120V and everything else we have is "smart,. dual voltage.

Be sure to look at anything you plug in anywhere. Mismatches can ruin equipment or cause serious injury to the user.

Shalom, Andy.

Archived