Priceline anxiety!

CRUISERSWITHKIDS

Cruise booked...air booked, now to find a hotel one night pre cruise in San Juan. I'm not familiar with San Juan, but sounds like OSJ, and Isle Verde would be good choices. My hubby and I are wanting to try bidding on priceline but have no idea where to begin or exactly how the process works! Any help in walking me through this process would be greatly appreciated. We would like a nice hotel, not necessarily resort. Thanks for the help!

bid 4 star resort and start at $75.If it is declined, you can make another bid right then if you add another area. You can add an area that does not have any 4 star hotels or else wait the 24 hours and add $5 more. If you get something from them saying "bid $20 more and you will win it" just add another $10 and that should do it. If you stay with 4 star in the city area you will probably get condado or IV. Go to 3 1/2 stars if you want to keep your rate lower, but then start at $65 for a room.

Part of how much you'll end up paying seems to depend on when you go. We're going in Jan. which is high season and I bid up to $101 for a 4 star and got La Concha for our last night. That's a lot cheaper than the Holiday we booked through Expedia. Just be careful going to low on your star ratings. Look at the possibilities and if there are some you wouldn't want to stay at, don't bid that rating. I personally wouldn't go less than 4 star because "some" of the 3.5 star resorts look awful (and with my luck, I'd get one of those)

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

You can get some very good deals on Priceline but it is a bit of a crapshoot. I have been trying to bid on a resort for acouple with a really low bid. We already have a room booked at the Marriott resort so i'll keep trying. Jan. is a little bit more expensive too.also i have read that there is a 22% surcharge which adds on another chunk of money you have to pay . Not quite sure all about that but it is definitely something to check on .

Archived