NCL plaque

lilcruzr

Looks like 1987.... Here's the info and a link to the entire article:

The Kloster family company, which became Kloster Cruise A/S, went public in 1986, listing on the Oslo Stock Exchange. The public offering was meant to fuel the group's expansion in the mid-1980s. Observers later criticized Kloster's management, however, for developing an external expansion strategy during this period. By the late 1980s, Kloster had acquired two more cruise operations, Royal Viking Cruise Line and Royal Star Cruise Line. The addition of the new fleets established Kloster and NCL as the world's top cruise operators. The addition of the new fleets, some of the vessels of which were transferred to NCL, allowed NCL to begin operating in routes beyond the Caribbean for the first time. In the late 1980s, for example, the company began offering cruises to San Juan. In recognition of this expansion, NCL changed its name in 1987, to Norwegian Cruise Lines. The following year, Royal Viking Cruise Line was placed under NCL's management, while continuing to operate as a separate brand.

http://www.answers.com/topic/ncl

We found a Norwegian Caribbean Line plaque at a second hand store. Does anyone know when NCL changed their name? I was just wondering how old it might be.

They probably changed their name 15 to 20 years ago. You still see an occasional engine room/ maintenance worker with overhauls with the old name.

PE

We found a Norwegian Caribbean Line plaque at a second hand store. Does anyone know when NCL changed their name? I was just wondering how old it might be.

The plaque you have is such a great find. I have some original posters of the Canadian Pacific White Empress sailing from Montreal to Europe. CP no longer is in the cruiseline business.

My parents and I flew to England in the mid sixties and too her back to Montreal.

Archived