MDR for Breakfast?

lovethesun628

What's Appropriate to wear in the MDR when your going for breakfast? Can we wear shorts and a T-shirt? Can my husband wear "basketball" shorts and a t-shirt? I just want to make sure people aren't staring at us because we are under dressed. Thank's for the help!!!

Keri:)

What's Appropriate to wear in the MDR when your going for breakfast? Can we wear shorts and a T-shirt? Can my husband wear "basketball" shorts and a t-shirt? I just want to make sure people aren't staring at us because we are under dressed. Thank's for the help!!!

Keri:)

Shorts and T-Shirts can be worn in the MDR for breakfast and lunch, just not for dinner. Basketball shorts? Are you talking about the ones that hang to the knee? If so, they are just fine.

BTW, the MDR is not open when the ship is in port. You have to eat on the Lido deck for breakfast and lunch.

Basketball shorts? Are you talking about the ones that hang to the knee? If so, they are just fine.

BTW, the MDR is not open when the ship is in port. You have to eat on the Lido deck for breakfast and lunch.

YES! im talking about those basketball shorts! there black and silky!

Thanks for all the info.

Is the MDR being closed for breakfast when in port something new?? Oh, that is so disappointing. :(

On every Carnival cruise we have been on the MDR is open for breakfast...including port days and debarkation day. The MDR is open for lunch on sea days only.

I just came back from off Victory on Sunday and I sat with my family for the whole cruise, we requested a booth from the maitre D and got it.

Breakfast in de dining room is everyday....we had it twice...did room service once and had room from the Missipi BBQ for the others..

Is the MDR being closed for breakfast when in port something new?? Oh, that is so disappointing. :(

plenty of people have posted that mdr is open on port days.???? well i have only been on 8 cruise's out of galveston and new orleans and NEVER has the mdr been open on port days (for breakfast or lunch) that was also the case with rccl. now the dining room was open for breakfast the day we got off....sorry not for lunch that day as we were off by then. :( this is very strange that some say yes and some say no.

There is only one dining room open for breakfast (every day) and lunch (sea days). It might not necessarily be the dining room you're assigned to for dinner. Everyone uses the same dining room for breakfast and lunch. The Capers will tell you which dining room is open for breakfast and lunch.

Archived