Terminal in Quebec to Montréal Airport - how to get there?

We are booking the Princess cruise from New York to Quebec, Oct 13 - 23th We have to flight out of the Montréal-pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL), which is about 2 1/2 hours from the cruise ship terminal. I have been researching online and even called Princess without success. Princess does not have a shuttle to that airport, only the Quebec airport, which costs hundreds more per person to fly out of.

What is the best and most economically way to get to the airport? Also, our flight leaves Montreal at 1:25 PM. Is this a safe time? We plan to get off of the ship by 7:00 AM.

Thank you

A 1:25pm flight from YUL is doable, but I wouldn't call it a 'safe' time. Remember, you go through customs before your YUL flight, so you must allow extra time for that.

There's a combined train/bus station just down the road from the cruise terminal, can be walked or a 3-4 minute taxi ride. There's a direct bus from there to YUL, but the only departure that would work for your flight is the 6:30 bus - arriving at 10:30. There's a 7:50 train that gets into Montreal's Gare Centrale at 11:15, but you still have to get to YUL - there's a train station there, but for some reason I've never been able to book a ticket with it as the final destination on VIA's website. You could rent a car, but you would be dealing with rush hour traffic.

Anyway you cut it, it's really tight.

We're on the same cruise and chose to take the 1:30 train from Quebec to Montreal. We're spending 2 nights in Montreal then home. We made reservations probably 6 months ago for the flights and little difference between round trip NYC and our route of Atlanta-New York and Montreal-Atlanta.

We're taking the later train so we have a little more time in Quebec and not such a rush getting off--we have a group of 12 friends and family. My understanding is there are quite a few buses but only a few trains per day.

We've made reservations at the Hotel Nelligan in Montreal.

Have a wonderful time!

thanks for the info. If we take our own luggage off of the ship, we can probably make the 6:30 bus. The ship actually docks the day before. Is there a way to purchase bus tickets in advance? If there a website for the train/bus station?

http://www.orleansexpress.com/SearchResult.aspx?Ori=QUE&Desti=DORV&NbEnf512=0&NbEnf04=0&NbAine=0&NbAdulte=2&NbEtudiant=0&TypeVoyage=AS#

Thank you for the link! I was able to view all of the bus times from Quebec to the airport. One more question. We did find another flight that leaves out of Montreal at 3:40 so now I am considering the 9:30 bus instead of the 6:30 bus (not a morning person!). Is a two hour window enough? Meaning, our bus trip length states 9:30 - 1:30. The flight is at 3:40. Is 2 hours enough? Also, I keep reading that the trip from Quebec to Montreal is 3 hours but the bus times show 4 hours. Is there a chance you actually get there before the stated time?

Also, I keep reading that the trip from Quebec to Montreal is 3 hours but the bus times show 4 hours. Is there a chance you actually get there before the stated time?

Remember that the airport to the west of Montreal, in the community of Dorval. So while the travel time to the city centre in Montreal may only be three hours, it will take longer going past city centre to get to the airport.

Orelans Express is a very good choice for bus travel. I consider it to be the finest regular route bus company in all of Canada. The equipment is top notch and very new, while the drivers have always been the most courrteous and professional.

Archived