Adult ordering from children's menu

gargoyle999

So DW says I have the tastebuds of a 5yo which is probably true. :o I read someone post about a kids desert menu. Since we don't have kids I didn't know there was such a thing. They posted what was on the kids desert menu but all I remember is hot fudge sundae. Well, hot fudge sundaes are my favorite so I was wondering if an adult can ask to order desert off the kids menu? :)

So DW says I have the tastebuds of a 5yo which is probably true. :o I read someone post about a kids desert menu. Since we don't have kids I didn't know there was such a thing. They posted what was on the kids desert menu but all I remember is hot fudge sundae. Well, hot fudge sundaes are my favorite so I was wondering if an adult can ask to order desert off the kids menu? :)

I order the Banana split the last 2 days of a 5 night cruise. Didn't know it was there till then. Didn't care for any of the deserts on the "adult" menu. I love banana splits. It comes with chocolate ice cream which i had replaced with another vanilla scoop:D.

You may order anything on the kids menu. But rather than order a kids dessert menu and a HF Sundae. Just ask if you could have a HF Sundae. You might get an ADULT Hot Fudge Sundae.

The adult menu for dinner might be an opportunity to expand your palate. Even mac 'n' cheese gets old.

I just had gastric bypass so this is good information to know we can order from the kids menu. Thanks for asking and thanks for all the good answers.

Both my brother and I have had WlS and find that we can share our dinners...lol. The only issue if you can even call it that was our server kept forgeting and insisting we get dessert...!

You may order anything on the kids menu. But rather than order a kids dessert menu and a HF Sundae. Just ask if you could have a HF Sundae. You might get an ADULT Hot Fudge Sundae.

The adult menu for dinner might be an opportunity to expand your palate. Even mac 'n' cheese gets old.

Just ordering the sundae is a good idea! I hadn't considered it would be kid sized! Might have to order 2 if it is!

I'll still order from the grown up menu for appetizer/entree. Though some nights my entree will come from the "classics" choices. BTW mac 'n' cheese doesn't get old...hence DW saying I'm like a 5 y.o.! :D

I ordered the children's chicken salad croissant at lunch in the main dining room on one cruise. Since I thought it would be a small croissant, I ordered two. Boy, was I surprised when it was one of those jumbo-sized croissants. Two plates of yummy chicken salad croissants with fries!

I ordered the children's chicken salad croissant at lunch in the main dining room on one cruise. Since I thought it would be a small croissant, I ordered two. Boy, was I surprised when it was one of those jumbo-sized croissants. Two plates of yummy chicken salad croissants with fries!

That does sound good! :)

I order the Banana split the last 2 days of a 5 night cruise. Didn't know it was there till then. Didn't care for any of the deserts on the "adult" menu. I love banana splits. It comes with chocolate ice cream which i had replaced with another vanilla scoop:D.

OMG. Have you tasted the adult desserts or are you just going by the name? There was never a night that I didn't have something on the dessert menu that sounded good. They are all awesome. When all else fails the chocolate melting cake is an option every night and most people order that. My favorite is the bitter n blanc and the grand marnier souffle. Those names don't sound very appetizing but they are sure gooooood.

Just ordering the sundae is a good idea! I hadn't considered it would be kid sized! Might have to order 2 if it is!

I'll still order from the grown up menu for appetizer/entree. Though some nights my entree will come from the "classics" choices. BTW mac 'n' cheese doesn't get old...hence DW saying I'm like a 5 y.o.! :D

DD who is a mac 'n' cheese expert. Says they have the best.

OMG. Have you tasted the adult desserts or are you just going by the name? There was never a night that I didn't have something on the dessert menu that sounded good. They are all awesome. When all else fails the chocolate melting cake is an option every night and most people order that. My favorite is the bitter n blanc and the grand marnier souffle. Those names don't sound very appetizing but they are sure gooooood.

Didn't care for the Chocolate melting cake, it was like a thick chocolate soup. Bitter blanc was alright. I do select by names on lots of things I will eat. I cant remember anything else that was a choice, so I'm guessing none of it appealed to me. That's why the switch to the banana split on night 4:).

I've never had anything from the children's menu but I hear their mac and cheese is truly excellent. I figure I'll just have to keep cruising over and over until I get a chance to try everything.

OP, I used to tell my Dad (fondly) that he had the eating habits of an unrestrained four year old. I took care of him in his old age and (lucky for him) I am not the food (or liquor:D) police, lol. If there ever was an area where people ought to mind their own business, it's food:D Why should anyone care what somebody else eats?

One of our friends did that on Legend back in May. One night she did not like anything on the menu. so she ordered a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich from the Children's menu. It came with a pickle and cookies, and I think she (and her husband) both got banana splits for dessert.

Knowing this, I think that one of the nights that we're on Freedom, I have a feeling that we'll be doing the same thing, as well as also doing the infamous "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" dance from "Family Guy" while eating the sandwiches...

I just had gastric bypass so this is good information to know we can order from the kids menu. Thanks for asking and thanks for all the good answers.

That would be a bad idea as the kids menu is full of foods that are terrible for you. Fried chicken, mac and cheese burgers ect. . .

You'd be better off ordering off of the regular menu.

My daughter was happy with the adult menu when she was three. There's lots of stuff on there for people who aren't adventurous. And you can order lots of courses and just not eat the stuff that you didn't like. You're not paying so it's ok to order something that you're not sure you'll like and just not eat it if you don't like it.

That would be a bad idea as the kids menu is full of foods that are terrible for you. Fried chicken, mac and cheese burgers ect. . .

You'd be better off ordering off of the regular menu.

My daughter was happy with the adult menu when she was three. There's lots of stuff on there for people who aren't adventurous. And you can order lots of courses and just not eat the stuff that you didn't like. You're not paying so it's ok to order something that you're not sure you'll like and just not eat it if you don't like it.

Pretty sure there are some starving children in the world that would love to have the food that gets wasted by people ordering things they dont know if they will like, then throwing it away. Just my opinion. I never order food that I am unsure about, because if I dont like it, I feel guilty when they throw it away.

Archived