On our way to Prudhoe-FINALLY. Next two weeks in Alaska. Any questions???

greatam

FINALLY, got to Alaska and got the car rented for Prudhoe. Was a day late getting out of Asia. LOOOOONG flights-I don't feel sorry for any of you flying from the lower 48. I flew HKG to LHR to JFk to YVR to SEA to ANC. Took almost 36 hours to fly all those flights.

I am tired and beat and DH is currently driving as fast as possible up the Haul Road to get us and our friends to Prudhoe. We may spend the night in Coldfoot if we get too tired. I still have laptop access via Verizon aircard and we are about 100 miles North of Fairbanks.

Any questions, anything anybody wants me to check out???? We will be back from Prudhoe on Tuesday, then 10 days in the Homer/Seward/Juneau area (I have to fly) to close out our fishing shipping season.

GreatAm, I always feel better knowing you are back in your home country. I know that you can handle Alaska.

How's the weather? How does it all look?

You are a fine advertisement for computer use in wild places.

Travel well!

Weather is a lot warmer than I expected. It was 76 when we left Fairbanks (about three hours ago). After hot and humid and VERY HOT (123 in Kuwait City) in the MiddleEast/Asia, I was REALLY expecting a LOT cooler. It sure better cool off tonight.

I am AMAZED this air card is still working. They must have put some new towers up on the Dalton. Verizon works VERY well in Alaska, almost every place.

I'm going to sleep. Finally getting tired. 5 hours sitting in YVR waiting for the plane to SEA/ANC. But a pleasant sleep all the way from HKG.

Thanks for worrying about me. DH sure doesn't!!!! Just hopes I show up some time, some place.

Archived