AFL-CIO Union member discounts/rates Are they the same going directly with NCL?

Tapi

I qualify for a Union member discount which I see on a travel agency website. The only problem with this agency is that they charge a $29 non refundable fee per cabin.

I tried to call NCL to see if they offer the same rate/discount but unfortunately, they're closed for the night, so I'm going to ask here.

Has anybody ever booked using the AFL-CIO (Union member) discount directly with NCL? Was it the same rate as that found on other sites? Did you need to pay a non-refundable booking fee when booking directly with NCL?

Thanks for the input!

Yes it's the same union discount regardless. However, some TA's will provide additional discounts beyond and above, unrelated to the Union discount as well. The just can't advertise those reduced prices. You'll have to call around or email to get those deals. You can always book it directly with NCL then move it to a TA if they offer you a better deal. I am not aware of any cancellation penalty when booking with NCL direct. My TA doesn't charge one though either.

You will receive the same union discount as through a TA, however the union discounts are first come first served and may not be available on all sailings...this is whether you book directly through the cruiseline or through a TA. There is never booking fee or change fee if booked directely through the cruiseline.

I have always received a union discount-it varies percentagewise by sailing and how far in advance you make your booking. I have never paid an agent for getting a union discount. You can be retired but you have to have proof-a number, cancelled check, etc.

Archived