taxi cost from train to pier??

airlink diva

I'm sailing on the Triumph in March. My friend and I work for an airline so we are looking at flying into New Orleans for the cruise,but want to take the train back for the return trip home.

Can anyone tell me how far is the train station from the pier and the cost of the taxi for two??

I'm sailing on the Triumph in March. My friend and I work for an airline so we are looking at flying into New Orleans for the cruise,but want to take the train back for the return trip home.

Can anyone tell me how far is the train station from the pier and the cost of the taxi for two??

Amtrak/bus station is about a mile from the port - I would imagine the taxi would be less than $10.

Amtrak/bus station is about a mile from the port - I would imagine the taxi would be less than $10.

Thanks for the info!!

Can I ask you this? Since it's so close, what eating places are nearby? I figure that we will check out luggage and go and eat.

Thanks for the info!!

Can I ask you this? Since it's so close, what eating places are nearby? I figure that we will check out luggage and go and eat.

How much time do you have? There isn't much right around the station. If I remember right there is a small cafe or something in the station (I think I got a good cup of coffee there once). If you have time I'd probably head down Howard to St. Charles (about 4 blocks away - you'd run into Lee Circle, which is on St. Charles) and toward the Garden District (right turn if you're coming from the Amtrak station). Walk a couple blocks and there are several places - KFC, Voodoo BBQ, St. Charles Tavern, etc. There is also Herbsaint the other way on St. Charles (left turn, then walk a couple blocks) That's all I can think of.

How much time do you have? There isn't much right around the station. If I remember right there is a small cafe or something in the station (I think I got a good cup of coffee there once). If you have time I'd probably head down Howard to St. Charles (about 4 blocks away - you'd run into Lee Circle, which is on St. Charles) and toward the Garden District (right turn if you're coming from the Amtrak station). Walk a couple blocks and there are several places - KFC, Voodoo BBQ, St. Charles Tavern, etc. There is also Herbsaint the other way on St. Charles (left turn, then walk a couple blocks) That's all I can think of.

Thanks!! The train don't leave until around 1:30 p.m. If we get off the boat early like I did in May(before 10 a.m.), we can walk to grab a bite and return.

• 7 months later...

I just returned from a cruise in New Orleans.

For the return trip back home, we took Amtrack.

The cost was $10 per person with two pieces of luggage included in this price. each additional piece was $2.

I hope this helps

Archived