Any night life for 18 yr old on NCL POA ship?

kimmi5207

I'm a single mother and my son and I have been on several cruises (RCL and Carnival) and my son loves the teen club. Since it's always been just the two of us, it works out well.

For his high school graduation trip, he wants to go to Hawaii, so we will probably do a land/cruise combination.

Part of the fun of cruises for him is connecting with the other kids (many of whom he still keeps in touch with over facebook/my space). Also, we get our time apart and are able to both have fun doing the activities that interest us, while we still have our together time when we are doing our shore excursions.

Of course, for the graduation cruise, he will age out of the kids clubs. Many of the other cruises we have been on have a very active 18-20 year group that has activities, a club with a DJ, etc.

Do the NCL 7 day Hawaii cruises have this? I assume for a June/July time frame, there has to be of ton of kids in the upper teens that are with their families.

In all the information I've found, I don't see a lot about nightlife/evening activities (clubs with DJ, etc) for this cruise for teens or adults, but rather that it is just a floating hotel to get you from one island to another.

If he won't have any activities to do in the evenings with other kids his age anyway, I may consider doing an all land vacation, with 1 week on Oahu and another week on Maiu. Of course, then I'll have to search for a hotel that is popular with families or has activities for his age so hopefully he can meet some other teens to hang out with in the evenings.

Thanks in advance

Mike, you forget what it's like to be 18!... They wont be tired after a day ashore. :D

In June/July there will be a lot of families and Hawai'i is very popular as a graduation trip destination. He shouldn't have any problem making friends onboard.

Thanks!

My son is very outgoing so I'm sure he will find many others to hang out with. I'm sure I'll be tired after spending the day out but he won't!

I didn't realize Hawaii was a popular graduation destination! I wanted to take him to Europe but it turns out I was the one who really wanted Europe! :o After he told me Hawaii 3 different times, I finally got the hint.

Thanks again! Back to researching!

I'm booked for July 2011 and from what I read, I don't think you're going to have the night life on this ship like others. After being gone all day seeing Hawaii, most people are ready for bed.

We're booked for July 2011 as well, what date are you cruising?

Mike, you forget what it's like to be 18!... They wont be tired after a day ashore. :D

In June/July there will be a lot of families and Hawai'i is very popular as a graduation trip destination. He shouldn't have any problem making friends onboard.

You're right, I can remember being in the navy and staying up till 2 am and getting up at 6 again with no ill effects. Let me try that now:)LOL

Archived