Emailing Carnival CEO

southbayer

You are half right. There is no special dept that handles complaints, though. He gets (most) of them and they go thru his personal assistant. If the letters are well written and state the facts clearly, he will read them. When they trickle down to me, they are usually the letters that are a little nutty. However, the "serious letters" do get read by him and he expects a copy of the response. Also, I have to copy about 3 other VPs and AVPs directly under him. Remember, these industries are federally regulated and complaints have to be handled a certain way. And, oh yeah, everybody hates insurance companies. G'head, go on and complain about your agent or a claim and see what happens.

Rottie, I also work for a large health insurance company and it's not uncommon for letters addressed to our CEO to make it to his office. He does not read every single letter though. In our company there is a team that reports directly to the CEO and they handle complaints from our members and the department of banking and insurance.

In any case, the CEO is aware of the different issues and the VPs have been know to read letters and monitor the customer service lines to identify ways to improve service.

But the question is why email all the way up to the top ? Why don't folks just "start" by emailing lower level employees who might actually be of more help ?

Usually you get a faster response. Corporate HQ aren't fond of getting tons of complaint letters addressed to the CEO.

You may have heard the phrase, never take a no from someone not empowered to give you a yes? A lot of customer service reps aren't empowered to stray from the "script". This is an issue my company is addressing to prevent letters from going to our CEO.

But the question is why email all the way up to the top ? Why don't folks just "start" by emailing lower level employees who might actually be of more help ?

Because complaint letters directed to the office of the CEO get priority attention and better resolution by those who can solve the problem.

Really, if you're the department head and the CEO sends your office a customer complaint accompanied by a note to solve it and let him/her know the resolution, it gets top priority. Letters sent directly to managers or department heads just don't get the same response.

If you have to go up the ladder anyway, why not save yourself a bunch of aggravation and go directly to the top?

Because complaint letters directed to the office of the CEO get priority attention and better resolution by those who can solve the problem.

Really, if you're the department head and the CEO sends your office a customer complaint accompanied by a note to solve it and let him/her know the resolution, it gets top priority. Letters sent directly to managers or department heads just don't get the same response.

If you have to go up the ladder anyway, why not save yourself a bunch of aggravation and go directly to the top?

Very true, I'd say the average complaint letter at my company takes 6 months to a year to resolve. Letters sent to the CEO 15 - 30 days.

My son (19) and myself (60) were on a carnival ship (2007) and my son got into a heated argument with the Captain in the exercise area. The Captain told my son he was the boss and I can do what I want because I run this ship. The Captain said if you have a problem place a complaint with the pursur's desk. We did that and my son took pictures of him in different areas of the ship which he had no business being there. Security picked both of us via security cameras I guess and we were requested to go to security. They deleated the pictures of the Captain from the camera.

They didn't deleat all of them and we developed some pictures and sent them to all 18 to executives of the Carnival Corporation along with a detailed letter....

The CEO sent me a personal letter indicating he talked to the Captain and it will be placed in his file...

I'm a platinum member of Carnival FYI

My son (19) and myself (60) were on a carnival ship (2007) and my son got into a heated argument with the Captain in the exercise area. The Captain told my son he was the boss and I can do what I want because I run this ship. The Captain said if you have a problem place a complaint with the pursur's desk. We did that and my son took pictures of him in different areas of the ship which he had no business being there. Security picked both of us via security cameras I guess and we were requested to go to security. They deleated the pictures of the Captain from the camera.

They didn't deleat all of them and we developed some pictures and sent them to all 18 to executives of the Carnival Corporation along with a detailed letter....

The CEO sent me a personal letter indicating he talked to the Captain and it will be placed in his file...

I'm a platinum member of Carnival FYI

And why is it any business of yours where the Capitan of the ship is and where he is not? And why was it necessary for you to tell us you are a Platinum member? Do you think that holds any weight with us or the 18 Executives? I bet you threw that phrase around in your 18 letters :rolleyes:.

Archived