Lamanai and Carnival

Blndiebby25

Is there anyone out there that has done the Lamanai Ruins with www.belizecruiseexcursions.com while on the Carnival Miracle, Carnival Glory, or Carnival Valor?

I mention these three ships as they are all in port the same length of time. The excursion appears to be 7.5hrs long and we will be in port 9 hours (8 if you count the fact that the last tender returns to the ship an hour before we leave). Don't want to risk missing the last tender back to the ship. :(

As you can see from my signature we will be on the Miracle next December and would really love to go on this excursion. I would like to know if it is possible before we get our hopes up.

If not Lamanai we will probably be doing Altun Ha. We would just have to do the Lamanai Ruins on our next cruise. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance. :)

Would recommend you book this excursion through your cruise line for peace of mind. The cost is only a few dollars more, and the ship won't leave you behind if you're late returning. We did this excursion through NCL 10 days ago, and had a great time. The tour groups are rather small, 30-36 per boat and you remain with your guide, the boat driver, throughout the tour. We had no mechanical difficulties with either the river boat or bus, but still arrived back in Belize City a half hour late. We were on the last tender back to the ship, which was waiting for our return.

Jennifer,

I toured Altun Ha a couple weeks ago and loved it. It was my first Mayan tour but certainly won't be my last. If you haven't visited any ruins before I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I was. Take a look at my webshots page and you'll find some pictures in the NCL Sun folders.

-Monte

Thank you Monte for sharing your pictures of Altun Ha. Look great! This is what we will probably do as the Lamanai Ruins excursion is pushing it for time. Maybe next cruise, just need to make sure we are in port long enough next time. :)

Thanks again!

Archived