August 20 Diamond Istanbul-Athens

mike35

Despite the tons of "scuttlebutt" regarding the Diamond's imminent removal from RSSC's stable, we just booked this cruise and received confirmation. We've not sailed on the Diamond before, but judging from the many favorable comments on this board, I'm certain we will not only love the itinerary, but the ship as well.

We solicit any and all comments from past cruisers on this itinerary, and we hope to establish a roll call of others who are already booked.

Mike

I did a similar itinerary in the fall of 2003 on the Voyager, I think, that had most of those ports. You are lucky to have both Santorini (don't miss Oia) and Mykonos on the same itinerary. They are my favorite Greek islands. Also, don't miss a tour of Ephesus! I hate to see the Diamond leave the fleet. It just has a different and very special atmosphere, and I enjoyed the contrasts with the other ships.

My husband and I are booked for August 20 too. I sure hope it goes. We really like the itinerary which seems to hit the best islands. Will you be doing a pre-cruise stay in Istanbul? We are looking forward to 3 nights there.

It would be nice to get together with another couple or two for a private guide at Ephesus.

Hi, New_Cruiser. We definitely want to spend a couple of pre-cruise days in Istanbul, and probably an extra day in Athens. I visited Istanbul on several occasions in the early 70's, but my wife, Carol, has not been to that part of the world. It is truly a fascinating city! Carol will be 58 and I'll be 68 at the time of the cruise, but we love touring the ports of call. Let's keep in touch and see what shore excursions we can book on our own.

Mike

Archived