veranda upgrade

wagmart

We are going on the Westerdam in November and now have a VF guarantee room. We are thinking about changing that to a VE catagory since the prices have dropped. Can anybody tell us the difference between the two catagories. The VE catagory will not be a guarantee but a room number. Thanks for your help:o

VE cabins are located in the middle of the ship, and are good for people who want stability, less motion of the ocean.

They are NOT my cabin of choice. The balcony will be only 4.5 feet deep, 1.5 feet shallower than the standard 6 feet deep.

I prefer the VD category. The balcony is 7.5 feet deep, 1.5 feet deeper than the standard 6 feet deep.

Usually, there is only a $10 pp or so difference between the subcategories.

Sorry, too late to edit. Checked some November prices, and saw each subcategory incremental increase is $50 pp. Not sure I'd blow $200 to go from a VF to a VD....mebbe, mebbe not.

VE cabins are located in the middle of the ship, and are good for people who want stability, less motion of the ocean.

They are NOT my cabin of choice. The balcony will be only 4.5 feet deep, 1.5 feet shallower than the standard 6 feet deep.

I prefer the VD category. The balcony is 7.5 feet deep, 1.5 feet deeper than the standard 6 feet deep.

Thanks for the info. The catagory VD is only a guarantee like we had before. We are going with another couple and figured getting assigned cabins would be better. The cabins we decided on are connecting so that much better for us. Is the cabin size any bigger in this catagory

Larger? No, all the cabins in the "V" category are virtually identical.

I understand wanting assigned, adjoining cabins. If you measure out a 4.5 feet by 9 feet wide space on your floor, you'll see the balcony is still deep enough to have 2 chairs and a small cocktail table. You can open the divider between your 2 cabins to make the space 18 feet wide.

Larger? No, all the cabins in the "V" category are virtually identical.

I understand wanting assigned, adjoining cabins. If you measure out a 4.5 feet by 9 feet wide space on your floor, you'll see the balcony is still deep enough to have 2 chairs and a small cocktail table. You can open the divider between your 2 cabins to make the space 18 feet wide.

Having the verandas connecting to make one large one will be nice. They have never been in a cabin other than an inside cabin so my cousins will be happy with the cabin no matter what.

Having the verandas connecting to make one large one will be nice. They have never been in a cabin other than an inside cabin so my cousins will be happy with the cabin no matter what.

After we decided to go with the VE catagory with the adjoining cabins our TA informed us that we have been assigned cabins already. We are aft on deck four but we have been assigned cat. VD. I guess since that has gone through we are going to stay with those cabins. I have noticed that the cost of the rooms has gone down over $300 so I going to have to talk to my TA about that. After the dust settled we are going to have the deeper varanda on opposite sides of the ship but close to a passageway to get us to there room. It says that our cabin has no tub in the bathroom. Any idea what that is all about? I look forward to hearing from you:D

Archived