Price Drop. Price Increase!

cruisewish

It pays to check for price changes everyday, my friends. I booked a GS on the Mariner for 11/29. Kept watching for a price drop. The GS never changed. But the OS dropped unexpectedly yesterday afternoon! So I grabbed it and upgraded for $400. I was really patting myself on the back for that one. So being the OCD-type person that I am - I checked again an hour ago for a possible drop on the OS. Same prices, so I relax. Five minutes ago, the OS went UP by almost $1,000!

Sigh - life is good today.

That's funny, that's exactly what I found. I had a JS, then the priced dropped yea! All the JS were sold out for a couple of weeks, but I kept checking daily anyway. Then a GS dropped down to the price I had paid originally for the JS, so I grabbed it. I checked this morning and the GS is back up to way more than I would have every paid. I wish someone had the alogrythm that RCC uses to figure pricing. :confused:

Happy camper anyway:D

I'd definately put myself in the OCD category, it's almost like an addicting treasure hunt. I just set one of my internet explorer tabs to the booking section and leave it up all day, then a couple of time just input the # guests and date of sailing to check. I'm on the computer most of the day anyway, so it's not like it's time consuming.

The reduced rate on the GS was up for 4 days. Out of 7 avail 2 went (inlcuding the one I took), they still have 5 left, but back at the old rate. I'm still going to watch it, maybe I can get some OBC or something.

Good luck

Archived