Honeymoon with RCI

myurick

Hi There,

Does anyone know if RCI does anything special for honeymooners? Any special acknowledgement of that fact?

Does anyone have any special tips for us as honeymooners? Has anyone ordered the romance packages and if so, what did you think?

Thanks a million,

Mike & Andrea

They do ask, so I assume they do something. I do know that for an adult birthday, clearly a much less significant event, they brought our table in the dining room a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday, However, I cannot be sure they didn't do that because my wife bought the Happy Birthday package.... but the package just included decorations in the room and a birthday cake delivered to the room -- both of which were done separately from what occurred in the dining room.

As bicker indicated, you will probably be acknowledge with a song or cake however I think they charge extra for the cake now. As for the Romance package...I would save my money.

If you have never cruised before, my advice to you as honeymooners is to make sure you take seasick meds with you and try them out prior to your cruise. I can't tell you how many times we have seen young honeymooners come to dinner on the first night and one or both end up leaving the table with sea sickness. Some venture out the next evening while others have had to stay in their stateroom for most of the week while the ship is moving. What a fun honeymoon!:rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't think they'd bring the cake without an additional charge, but they did (and this was just recently). Again, that could have been because we paid for the other cake, which was delivered to our cabin the day before. Not sure....

We went on the Voyager for our Honeymoon is Oct. 2001.

There were 250 couples honeymooning. We know because they threw us a Honeymooners party. They had cake, punch, and champagne all complinentary, and the bar was open. They gave out prizes by raffle. Champagne, dinner for 2 at Portifinos, and a couples massage. They also gave away RCCL/Voyager trinkets, key chains.

They also had a honeymooners party on the Radiance last year. So it probably depends on the number of couples on board etc. Not sure if they do it on every ship.

We went on the Mariner for our honeymoon in the June. I think there was a honeymooners party but I we didn't attend. I am not even sure when it was. We didn't receive a special invitation or anything. We did get a coupon that was good for free champagne at Portofinos if you were planning on eating there. No cake or anything for us. I would save the money on the romance package and just do things yourself. We had a fabulous time and I am sure you will as well. :)

Same with us we were on the Soveregin and they had a party we didn't go to it but, they had one and as far as the romance packages i would save my money also they whole ship is a romance package. My wife would have rather had some jewelry from the bahamas than some flowers that will die by the time your cruise is over with anyway have fun and CONGRATS

Sov. of the seas 09/15/02

Exp. of the seas 09/18/05

When I cruised with Holland America on my honeymoon, 25 years ago, they gave all the honeymoon couples a private cocktail party. Like RCCL gives repeaters. We had cake, champagne and a photo taken with the captain. It was really nice.

36_1_11.gif

Archived