When you use your soda sticker, are they nice to you?

S&S Cruisers 1983

On the Gem this summer we encountered some bartenders with bad attitudes and poor service and some who were perfectly fine.

One important fact relating to this is that the bartenders are not included in the group tip, and NCL is very specific about that. Therefore, a bartender could convince himself (I don't remember seeing any female bartenders, but I wasn't looking for them either) that serving the "free" soda was a lose-lose for them. It doesn't help their sales figures (and they are judged by how much they sell) nor does it add to their tips.

I was thinking of getting the soda card because I drink a LOT of soda and I like Pepsi products. Since the soda card holders get fountain sodas, can you all say if they were decent? Also, for those of you who experienced attitude from the waiters/bartenders, were any of you on the Majesty?

THANKS!

I was thinking of getting the soda card because I drink a LOT of soda and I like Pepsi products. Since the soda card holders get fountain sodas, can you all say if they were decent? Also, for those of you who experienced attitude from the waiters/bartenders, were any of you on the Majesty?

THANKS!

We haven't been on a cruise since they switched to Pepsi (YES, I love Pepsi!), but we learned the places to get a good fountain soda and the bad. Just move on to the next bar if you get a bad one.

We haven't been on a cruise since they switched to Pepsi (YES' date=' I love Pepsi!), but we learned the places to get a good fountain soda and the bad. Just move on to the next bar if you get a bad one.[/quote']

if you get a bad one shouldn't you let them know?

20 years ago when I worked at burger king if someone let us know it was easy to adjust the mix but if no one said something it would not get adjusted untill one of the employees had a soda surprisingly that could be hours at a time and lots of people would get bad soda.

if you get a bad one shouldn't you let them know?

20 years ago when I worked at burger king if someone let us know it was easy to adjust the mix but if no one said something it would not get adjusted untill one of the employees had a soda surprisingly that could be hours at a time and lots of people would get bad soda.

Tried to tell them once and once was enough. Not only did I get the attutude but got the "your a real pain in the @**!" look too. I am just not a complainer, so I moved on.

I always get the soda sticker, and never ever had a problem with rudeness. In fact, if the bartender saw me coming, he'd have my soda poured for me already! I think it might have been because my husband is such a character that people always seem to know him from somewhere and they always remember us!:D

I've never had anyone be rude because I've had a soda sticker, but they have acted indifferent, and I've found it difficult to get my money's worth out of the card.

When it comes to the servers in the dining venues, you're lucky if you can get more than one glass during the entire dinner. Honestly, your best bet for getting served is to go up to the bar yourself to use the soda card, including picking one up at a bar on your way in to the dining room. Then ask your server for a "refill" as soon as you can. To me it comes across as if they want to make getting a soda from the soda card difficult, especially in the dining rooms. (The experience with soda cards was about the same on Carnival too.)

Actually, on my last couple cruises I intentionally did not get a soda card and also avoided ordering any sodas "a la carte" because they seem to make it so difficult to get your money's worth out of the card. Therefore they can forgo making any money off me from sodas (and I don't order too much alcohol on board or sneak it on board either). I've found that I can get by for a week on the included beverages and still enjoy myself, and it's healthier for me than having sodas anyway.

Unfortunately, they already have your money and you've already tipped them when you bought the card. They are now looking for new customers. It shouldn't be that way, but there's no incentive for them. JMHO. DT

We've used them on all of our cruises and never felt that way.

I couldn't agree with BeachBum more! I get a soda sticker almost first thing upon boarding the ship.... I then proceed to make that card PAY. And in doing so, my "usual":rolleyes: haunts on board learn what I drink and cheerfully pour me my beverage before I even order it. "Diet Pepsi, no ice, lime? Here you are, sir!" I'm usually never without a soda on board, and the soda card makes it inexpensive!

Also, for those thinking they have to carry the cup around all the time, you don't. They'll give you a glass when you flash your card with the sticker on it. Highly recommend the soda sticker to all you soda addicts

JWK: Quenched and Caffeinated, no ice with Lime

Archived