Coral Princess Balcony Question

cruisedad2

Hi. My wife and I are taking the Coral Princess to Alaska next June. We are staying mid-ship on the Dolphin Deck in a mini-suite. From pictures, I know the balcony is uncovered. We have cruised before, but never had a balcony! Does it matter much if the balcony is covered or uncovered? This is an expensive vacation for us and we want it to be memorable. Thanks!

With this balcony people can look down on you and it's not private. Sometimes things drop down from above like trash or something. When I was on the Coral we were midship Baha where it's more more private and I found it kind of funny to look down on other people. I spend a lot of time on my balcony watching the sunset or rise so I don't want people watching me that's why I always choose Baja deck.

I have been on the Coral 6 times all in a mini suite both uncovered and covered and frankly it did not bother us at all. June is a good time to go to alaska. Weather there is pretty good at that time of year. Just go prepared for any kind of weather. Back to the balcony. if you can try for the mini's on the Dolphin deck in the back starting from D700. Those are covered. If you are unable to the uncovered are just fine. I wave at people who are looking down at me, they wave back and we get on with our lives. Enjoy the Coral. She is my favorite ship of the fleet.

Marilyn

We were in a mini-suite on Dolphin deck for a B2B in July of this year. We loved the mini-suite balcony. You are directly over the water which makes you feel you are the only one out there.

People always say that it is not private because other people can look down at you. Well it is also true that you can look up. Personally it did not bother me at all that people were above me. I also enjoyed the sunshine when it was cool.

We were on the Baja deck on the Coral in 2007 and to be honest I would take the Dolphin deck anytime.:)

We've been on the Dolphin Deck twice on the Island. I prefer the Baja since it is covered and I'm on the balcony a lot but DH likes to get the mini suite mid-ship of which there are only 4 on the Baja and an abundance on the Dolphin. Either way, I am fine and always have a fabulous cruise. People can look down on you but you can look up. You'd also be surprised what you can see when you look up without even trying, if you get my drift. I think it's hit and miss depending on if you like a balcony out in the open or if you prefer something covered. If it's raining, you can always go out there with an umbrella. Also, watch out for the birds, especially the seagulls.

Archived