Bungee cord

nic624

Don’t you people know that those doors close automatically for safety reasons? Obviously you never watched the Poseidon adventure. When the big wave comes and rolls the boat over, all the water is going to pour into your jammed open door which will leave you even less time to climb up the Christmas tree to reach the bottom of the boat. If Ernest Borgnine and Gene Hackman are on your cruise, I’d leave those doors closed. :D

Don’t you people know that those doors close automatically for safety reasons? Obviously you never watched the Poseidon adventure. When the big wave comes and rolls the boat over, all the water is going to pour into your jammed open door which will leave you even less time to climb up the Christmas tree to reach the bottom of the boat. If Ernest Borgnine and Gene Hackman are on your cruise, I’d leave those doors closed. :D
When my boat flips over, I'm gonna jump off the balcony and wait for Daryl Hannah to save me. :p

The doors close to keep the a/c inside.

I have to admit when I first started reading your response I was like oh no....but then "I Got It" Duh Me....and I am still laughing.....Thanks for the chuckle!!!

Tootsie

I was going to bring a bungee cord with me on my cruise 2 weeks ago, but forgot. Then I noticed that there was a door stop in both of my rooms, so I just used that to keep the doors open. Worked great!
I bet the previous client brought it and forgot to take it with them.

We just stuck the doorstop in the door where it's hinged.

We did, however, use the bungee cord we brought to stretch across the bathroom door to remind us of the step-up. Both of us kept tripping up it. (Duh!) The bungee cord did the trick. After a day we just had to leave it hanging there to remind us to step UP!

18"-24" will do the trick! We always bring one when we sail on Carnival, makes for no door slamming while going in and out. We normally have about 3 balcony cabins with the partitions open and our group are constantly in and out of the cabins.......

Bungee cord does not take up any room in your luggage either........

Good luck!

We just stuck the doorstop in the door where it's hinged.

We did, however, use the bungee cord we brought to stretch across the bathroom door to remind us of the step-up. Both of us kept tripping up it. (Duh!) The bungee cord did the trick. After a day we just had to leave it hanging there to remind us to step UP!

The stop in the hinge thing works, but if there is undue pulling on the door, you might "spring" that hinge out of shape, or worse, pull the screws out. Just my two cents!:rolleyes:

Hi,

I am going to be in my first balcony cabin soon. I have heard that a bungee cord may be helpful to hold the balcony door open. How long of a cord should I bring?

Thanks,

You should not bring a cord at all because the doors are designed to close automatically for a reason. When you leave it open, you will be interfering with the way that the cooling system works not only in your stateroom but also in all of the staterooms in your zone. If you enjoy hearing the ocean and being on the balcony, then by all means sit on your balcony and enjoy it all you like, but please don't do something that may interfere with other passenger's sailing. :) :)

You should not bring a cord at all because the doors are designed to close automatically for a reason. When you leave it open, you will be interfering with the way that the cooling system works not only in your stateroom but also in all of the staterooms in your zone. If you enjoy hearing the ocean and being on the balcony, then by all means sit on your balcony and enjoy it all you like, but please don't do something that may interfere with other passenger's sailing. :) :)

The thermostat is adjustable.........

Use those bungee cords carefully. And I wouldn't use them if small children will be able to mess with them. I know someone who actually did put their eye out when a bungee cord came loose unexpectedly and the little hook smacked them in the face and lodged where that thrown pencil theoretically hits.

Archived