Conquest - Ship docked or tendered at ports?

LakeTravisJK

Which ports does the Conquest hit in Montego Bay and Grand Cayman...Freeport and Georgetown? Do you dock or are you tendered? How long does it take to tender and what is the process to get on a tender? Are there plenty of taxis waiting for passengers not going on ship excursion tours?

Which ports does the Conquest hit in Montego Bay and Grand Cayman...Freeport and Georgetown? Do you dock or are you tendered? How long does it take to tender and what is the process to get on a tender? Are there plenty of taxis waiting for passengers not going on ship excursion tours?

At Grand Cayman, we drop anchor at Georgetown. Getting on a tender is a matter of getting in line (like so many other things...lol) and my experience is that there will be plenty of taxis waiting...

I am so excited! Only 30 days to go...:)

You tender at Grand Cayman. You are within sight of the pier but it can take 30 or so minutes to get off the ship. The 1st people off are Platinum and people with Carnival excursions. Everyone else until they call open tender has to go get a tender ticket. Sometimes that's in the main show lounge sometime up in Dega's or Henri's, your Caper's will tell you where to go to get a tender ticket.

You should wait until your tender ticket is called to head down to deck 0 forward (typical tender exit). Once on shore there are plenty of taxi's, but lots to do just walking around. The beach is within walking distance.

If you do leave the area in a taxi make sure that you get back in plenty of time. There is usually 2 - 4 ships in port at the same time and the tender dock can be really full and really confusing with so many different lines.

Also the traffic can be a nightmare and since you have to be back on the ship an hour before you set sail (the time is in your capers also) you really need to be back to board the tender back to the ship at least an hour before that.

I don't even go ashore in GC anymore. I really don't like to tender and I've seen everything so I just enjoy a relatively empty ship.

The other ports you dock, so it's not a problem.

Archived