Drink Prices and are Bar Credits worth it

poya

Has anyone sailed recently on Carnival and have up to date drink prices for mixed drinks, wine, and beer?

Also, has anyone used the bar credits/tickets 4 for $21.25 and is it worth it? It shows on Carnival's website that you can use them for drinks up to $5.25 and that gratuity is included. However, I am wondering if the drinks we will be drinking will be more than that and if buying the credits would be worth it.

I bought all of mine ahead of time so all my drinks are paid for. I drink beer and hubby drinks Pina Coladas. Never had a problem and 50 cents for the more expensive ones on S & S card alot better than my $1000 bill I use to have.:D

I have received as gifts and enjoyed them so much I did the same as Cathy P. Pre-ordered them to get my drinks paid for ahead of time. I only drink Foo-Foos or Margaritas. Dh drinks beer and we don't use the coupons for those.

The ship IS a resort, not the local gin joint. Expect to pay resort prices, then forget it and enjoy. I tip a cash dollar every drink and will leave a $5 or a $10 when the b'tender is really good. Every time I bought coupons, I brought at least one home. I always forget the things in the room. I tell myself to keep the coups and the cash together, but I never do it. [bet no one else does that]. I have never been charged extra for a drink with a coupon, but the cash tip might have a bit to do with that. And the cash tip certainly negates any savings with a coupon.

Hello Poya not sure if you have sailed yet but I believe buying the drink tickets are better due to fact that the taxes are already included and you do not have to give a tip or gratuity on them. Giving gratuity gets old real quick especially when your waitstaff person does not deserve it. You also dont have to sign or use your sail and sign card.

The ship IS a resort, not the local gin joint. Expect to pay resort prices, then forget it and enjoy. I tip a cash dollar every drink and will leave a $5 or a $10 when the b'tender is really good. Every time I bought coupons, I brought at least one home. I always forget the things in the room. I tell myself to keep the coups and the cash together, but I never do it. [bet no one else does that]. I have never been charged extra for a drink with a coupon, but the cash tip might have a bit to do with that. And the cash tip certainly negates any savings with a coupon.

I would forget the coupons all the time but than I gave them to DH to hold. He always carries his wallet. A couple of cruise I had coupons left on the last day and I can always find someone to treat to a drink.

I have been charged extra and I always tip a cash dollar regardless of whether I'm using a coupon or not. So I do see a little savings on the coupons. Of course my favorite thing is when the coupons are gifts.

So they cost 21.25 and your getting 24.15 worth of drinks (including tips). Saving 2.90 every 4 drinks, if your doing alot of drinking that makes sense. If sales tax is charged then the savings are probably out the window. If your giving the bartender a full dollar tip, on a $6.25 (just for example) your tipping him 100%

Archived