Would you choose the Valor or Glory if same itinerary?

Joby

I have another question. Our first time on Carnival after 5 Celebrity cruises.

We're booked on the Glory but just found out it's in for drydock as soon as we return.

The Valor has the same price, dates and itinerary as the Glory .

Would you change your booking to the Valor?

Why or why not?

I have been on both and preferred the Valor...very well run ship

the tendering was better on Valor at Belize

Glory should be nice after her drydock but the week before?? I would go with Valor if the price is the same

I thought Valor was very well run and food was great, of course I was on it last year and Glory the year before so things change

maybe read some recent reviews of both??

also which port is best for you?? Either way you will have a good time, they are both really nice and the ports are great

Thanks sharecruises, I appreciate the response.

We have decided to switch our booking to the Valor since we found out that the Glory was going into drydock when we returned. It made us a little nervous. Hopefully, we made a good choice.

We're booked on the Glory but just found out it's in for drydock as soon as we return.

Why or why not?

Valor!

1. Avoid pre or post dry dock cruises

2. We've sailed Glory (great ship, no problems), but haven't sailed Valor.

3. Valor is newer.

I had this same issue when looking for a cruise in May. I would pick Valor because I like the Americana decor. Although, I'm sure Glory is a beautiful ship, I've read of her service being hit or miss.

But now I'm leaning more toward Pride due to her home pot being closer to my home.

We sailed the Glory in May....and will be on the Valor in 2 weeks.

So I will report when I get back.

However, I, too, would avoid a ship that is about to go into drydock OR the first cruise or two after drydock (they always seem to be finishing something up).

Also, for some reason, I have the impression (just a personal opinion) that the Glory is more of a "family ship".... maybe because it sails so close to Disney World.

Actually this was a concern of mine as well! Have been on both the Valor and GLory - personally prefer the decor on Glory than all those eagles and scary dead president's heads on Valor :D.....but was recently on Glory and a few years since Valor so time to sail her again.

And yes I also chose the Valor due to the fact that the I did not want to do a pre-drydock cruise on the Glory - felt staff would be itching to get off and things might not be quite as expected!

I'm sure you will love the Valor (are you cruising on the 24th?)!!

Having been on both, because of the drydock situation, it's good you chose the Valor.

We liked both ships very much. But I have to say, the service on the Valor was excellent. As was the Glory, but the Valor tipped the edge just that bit by having a Maitre d' that was truly interested in making his guests happy.

I would go back on either ship, but I'd look to book the Valor first.

Why or why not?

I would choose Valor since I have been on Glory before, plus the Valor is newer.

Froufie,

are you on the roll call for the Valor? I'm assuming there will be a CC party for the roll call people once onboard?

I like your avatar. Our bunnt just died this spring. Annie was a Mini-Rex and was 8 years old. We sure miss her, she was a lot of fun.

It appears that we made a good choice switching to the Valor. Can't wait!

Putting aside the dry dock thing, we actually had a better experience service wise on the Glory - just this past August, than we did on the Valor in 2007. Also I much prefer the more subdued decor on the Glory. Lastly, Glory is doing the trial runs of the comedy club...well worth it.

Froufie,

are you on the roll call for the Valor? I'm assuming there will be a CC party for the roll call people once onboard?

I like your avatar. Our bunnt just died this spring. Annie was a Mini-Rex and was 8 years old. We sure miss her, she was a lot of fun.

It appears that we made a good choice switching to the Valor. Can't wait!

Not on the roll call just yet (just awaiting final payment before I commit)....but I'll be there - and I expect that a meet and greet will take place!

So sorry to hear about your bunnie annie - sounds like she was well loved! Maybe you can show me a pic of her one day?

I LOVE BUNNIES (despite being allergic to them). My nickname froufie is short for Little Rabbit Frou Frou :D

We have been on the Glory. And I would not say it is a family ship any more than any other Carnival Ship just because it sails from Cape Canaverall. I thought the Glory was the best ship we have sailed on with Carnival, not that we did not like them all, but the Glory had everything we like...lots of Trivia..sports Trivia for my husband..it was clean, clean..the food was good..service was fine....the activities people..were great. Funny. Just a delight. The Shows..the ones we saw were good...there was just an air about that ship...something good..we loved it.

I have never been on the Valor but I have some good reviews. They need to get some new Islands to visit.......Carnival is wearing the Mexico..Central American Routes thin....except Costa Rica..or Panama. I wish they would go back to Fort 'de France. We went on the Legend..and that was a dream trip. It went to Barbartos....St. Thomas..and Martinque. I wish they would put that one back on..or to Grenada or Trinidad..I note when they do put on a new route...the cruise is booked for months in advance.

We are doing HAL because we want to see Aruba. If Carnival had a ship going there...think of how many people would book. We would. We are used to Carnival and like it. I know there is a business reason for the routes they take..but it escapes me.

Archived